wheel flew off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel flew off!

okay well wile on the freeway .. we were towing my cb with my moms van on a 2 wheel dolly. 1 of the rear weels flew off and it was dragging on the floor and it crushed my muffler. two of the lugnut bolts broke off. how big of a fix is this and do i need a new rotor? since the caliper wasnt affeccted i dont think im going to need a new rotor. can someone let me know what i need to fix the 2 lugnut bolts?

i leftma car in jackson ville stranded

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

that's the third story I've heard of where someone put their CB7 on a two wheel dolly, and a wheel flies off, as for the lug nut bolts, if their really trashed, your gonna need to get new ones

Comment

Did some browsing for ya, see what this gets ya. Good luck!!

http://spyfunkr.com/accord/studrepl.htm

Comment

can i replace just the 2 lugnut bolts (they completely broke off) or do i need to replace the hole hub assembly.

Comment

Might need to replace the whole assembly. Just to be safe.

Thats crazy man! Id be freaking out if that happened. Glad to hear it wasnt worse.

Did you get the wheel back?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

no! i couldnt find it. i noticed the wheel flew off liek 1 minute after it happened and we were doing 70mph. got any ideas on where to find my sentra rim? i just put a brand new tire on it too

Comment

You could always go back to "the scene" and just creep the sides of the highway...

I would say walk but, that shit's dangerous. Just drive exit to exit on both sides of the highway.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
                can i replace just the 2 lugnut bolts (they completely broke off) or do i need to replace the hole hub assembly.
                Well you can usually just replace the studs, but the whole hub is really easy. About ten minutes with the right tools. Harder but less money to do studs.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

ill probably replace the studs by themselves. um does anyone know a major company that does this? my car is in jacksonville and my friend is going to tow it to a place like sears if they do it.

so all i do is replace the studs.. put on a new wheel , and im on my way? or am i going to need a new rotor too. it was dragging on the floor for a few feet but it looked fine, just the bottom was scraped but i dont think that should be a problem since the caliper doesnt touch the bottom.

Comment

ill probably replace the studs by themselves. um does anyone know a major company that does this? my car is in jacksonville and my friend is going to tow it to a place like sears if they do it.

so all i do is replace the studs.. put on a new wheel , and im on my way? or am i going to need a new rotor too. it was dragging on the floor for a few feet but it looked fine, just the bottom was scraped but i dont think that should be a problem since the caliper doesnt touch the bottom.
                    studs are ez to do yourself i did it in ten mins.just go to the local parts store pick up some new studs and lug nuts but get one none caped on to pull the sud on.

pm me if you need more help.
                    back at it again

Comment

the wheel fell off in jacksonville florida on my move to nyc. so im staying here. id do it myself but i got no way back so since my mom is driving back shes going to get someone to fix it for us. does pep boys or autozone fix the studs?

Comment

the wheel fell off in jacksonville florida on my move to nyc. so im staying here. id do it myself but i got no way back so since my mom is driving back shes going to get someone to fix it for us. does pep boys or autozone fix the studs?
                        no not autozone and idk about pepboys.
                        back at it again

Comment

the pepboys around here has hella service bays.

but seriously, you can fix it with hand tools and will net about 15 minutes especially since the wheel is already off

just need to get the axle nut off for the assembly.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Like I said.. I'd do it myself but I can't get to jacksonville since I'm in ny. My moms is going to get my car fix and she doesn't know anything about cars. So she has to take the car to a place that does it.

Comment

Like I said.. I'd do it myself but I can't get to jacksonville since I'm in ny. My moms is going to get my car fix and she doesn't know anything about cars. So she has to take the car to a place that does it.
                              i see.
                              back at it again

Comment

Working...
                              X