Lazy Speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazy Speedometer

When I bought My CB7 In May Everything Was Wrong With It. The Engine Blew After Three Days, The Speedo Would Jump On And Off While Driving, The Engine Mount In The Back Is Bad, It Needs Another CV Joint, Well I Can Keep Going But I 'm out Of Patience... Well Like I Said My Speedo Now Jumps On And Off, Mostly Stays Off, and Now My Cruise Control Doesn't Work When It, the speedo, Actually Is On; Which When The Speedo Used To Jump On The Cruise Control Worked Fine. Could This Problem Have Anything To Do With a Faulty The Speed Sensor?
    Last edited by Loco64670; 09-20-2004, 08:12 PM.

Thats mos def a speed sensor problem. And don't go buying one of those cheap aftermarket pieces of crap. Just spend the extra money and get the factory one. It'll last much much longer than any other fakie you can find.
    O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

Thank You. The Ones On Ebay Are THE "Fakies"?

Comment

go to ANY junkyard. They are basically the same for all honda tranny's.

and YES. that IS your problem.

btw- how much did you get the car for?
        Noobie my ASS.

Comment

I paid $1.2K for It and Got Back $800 When The Motor Blew. So Basically $400

Comment

I assume you have another motor in it obviously....what did you get installed?
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

and how did you get the money BACK???????

1200 is cheap already!
              Noobie my ASS.

Comment

lemon law? either they took the car back and gave him the full 1200 or some other deal had to b made im guessing

i have the same problem in my car with the speedo so i gotta keep a look out for a vss also

Comment

Well I bought The Car From A Co-Worker. I Have A F22a4 Nothing Special. I Got My Money Back By Paying For The Car With A Check. When The Engine Blew I Just Placed A Stop On The Check, Me And My Coworker Broke A Deal At $400 and Called It Even. When I Mean Everything Is Wrong With This Car I Mean Everything. If I have To List Them I Will. You Know What A Matter Of Fact I Will...

First Off The Exterior:
                  The Front Bumper Sags Down From A Broken Screw Hole On The Driver Side, The Passenger Fender Is Dented, The Passenger Headlight Is Pushed In Slightly, The Paint Is Faded and Dull, The Trunk Has A Bullit Hole On It. And Damn It!!! The Car Is Rolling On 15" Hub Caps w/o The Wheel Covers.
                  Engine:
                  The Oil Leaks In The #4 AND #2 Cylinder Spark Plugs(New Engine; Only 78598 Miles On It now). The Speed Sensor's Broken, The TCU is Shot, The Brakes Are Shot, Needs Both CV Axles, The Condensor Has A Hole In It.
                  Interior:
                  Both Driver Side Windows Need Motors, The Defroster Doesn't Work, The Cloth On The Door Panels Are Peeling Off, All Door Handles Are Off Other Cars That Aren't Honda's. The Driver Side Auto Seat BELT is Stuck, and I Have No Sunroof...

But I Still Love My Car...One Day I'm Gonna Put A Picture Of It On Here.
                  Last edited by Loco64670; 09-23-2004, 12:35 AM.

Comment

reminds me of my car...

but not as bad
                    check it out .here
                    The Car

Comment

Originally posted by Loco64670
                      Well I bought The Car From A Co-Worker. I Have A F22a4 Nothing Special. I Got My Money Back By Paying For The Car With A Check. When The Engine Blew I Just Placed A Stop On The Check, Me And My Coworker Broke A Deal At $400 and Called It Even. When I Mean Everything Is Wrong With This Car I Mean Everything. If I have To List Them I Will. You Know What A Matter Of Fact I Will...

First Off The Exterior:
                      The Front Bumper Sags Down From A Broken Screw Hole On The Driver Side, The Passenger Fender Is Dented, The Passenger Headlight Is Pushed In Slightly, The Paint Is Faded and Dull, The Trunk Has A Bullit Hole On It. And Damn It!!! The Car Is Rolling On 15" Hub Caps w/o The Wheel Covers.
                      Engine:
                      The Oil Leaks In The #4 AND #2 Cylinder Spark Plugs(New Engine; Only 78598 Miles On It now). The Speed Sensor's Broken, The TCU is Shot, The Brakes Are Shot, Needs Both CV Axles, The Condensor Has A Hole In It.
                      Interior:
                      Both Driver Side Windows Need Motors, The Defroster Doesn't Work, The Cloth On The Door Panels Are Peeling Off, All Door Handles Are Off Other Cars That Aren't Honda's. The Driver Side Auto Seat BELT is Stuck, and I Have No Sunroof...

But I Still Love My Car...One Day I'm Gonna Put A Picture Of It On Here.
                      I'm glad you still have the love =)

The oil in the spark plugs really isn't a big deal.
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=spark+plugs

The VSS is also, just another sensor. I'd do what olivrooom said and get the factory one. Heh, the cloth on the inside...dude, the car is how old? I don't mean any disrespect but most people don't keep their shit worth shit these days I, personaly, would worry about the engine stuff 1st.

Btw, if you find out why your auto driver seat belt is sticking, let me know. My passanger one has been doing it since i bought my CB7.

Hope some of that info helps,
                      TheTempest
                      2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                      JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                      My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Originally posted by TheTempest
                        I'm glad you still have the love =)

The oil in the spark plugs really isn't a big deal.
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=spark+plugs

The VSS is also, just another sensor. I'd do what olivrooom said and get the factory one. Heh, the cloth on the inside...dude, the car is how old? I don't mean any disrespect but most people don't keep their shit worth shit these days I, personaly, would worry about the engine stuff 1st.

Btw, if you find out why your auto driver seat belt is sticking, let me know. My passanger one has been doing it since i bought my CB7.

Hope some of that info helps,
                        TheTempest

My drivers side autobelt sticks in the cold but I give it a lil nudge and it goes or after a bit of having the heater on it moves by itself, I think I just need to re-oil the track....
                        Im finally back!

Comment

Working...
                        X