HELP! Brake Rotors REplace Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Brake Rotors REplace Help!

help me out, i am replacing the brake rotors with my dad right now we are having no luck with the axle puller. ITS not budging at all. I was wanting to know of any tips before we have to pull out the whole suspension just to get the hub and rotor off. Please help thanx.

The rotors are pressed on, trying to get them off by hand can seem impossible. I would just take off the knuckle and bring them to a shop to be pressed off

some people HAVE got them off by hand, but its far from easy.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33 View Post
      The rotors are pressed on, trying to get them off by hand can seem impossible. I would just take off the knuckle and bring them to a shop to be pressed off

some people HAVE got them off by hand, but its far from easy.
      The hub and wheel bearings are pressed together. The rotor is not pressed onto the hub. Its bolted onto the hub.

Check the DIY section, You can get the hub off with the axle puller. Just have to keep getting at it.

Comment

I usually disconnect the outter tie rod and swing the spindle to access the back then remove and replace the 4 bolts that hold the hub on with longer bolts then bang them evenly til the hub walks out.
        "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
        "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
        ><((((º>

Comment

its EASY well if you do the right things....okay:

1. Remove the 36mm axle nut
          2. remove those 4 14mm bolts visible after you take the wheel off
          3. remove caliper and caliper bracket (if you have ABS, then undo the ABS sensor by removing 2 10mm bolts and one 12mm bolt and tuck it aside)
          4. undo the upper and lower balljoints and take the spindle off w/ the brake rotor
          5. remove those 4 10mm star bolts behind the hub and insert 4 bolts of same thread pitch but an inch or so longer into those same 4 holes
          6. evenly hammer at those 4 bolts until the rotor "walks" itself out of the spindle

then you should be able to access the rotor easily now and swap them w/ new ones.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            its EASY well if you do the right things....okay:

1. Remove the 36mm axle nut
            2. remove those 4 14mm bolts visible after you take the wheel off
            3. remove caliper and caliper bracket (if you have ABS, then undo the ABS sensor by removing 2 10mm bolts and one 12mm bolt and tuck it aside)
            4. undo the upper and lower balljoints and take the spindle off w/ the brake rotor
            5. remove those 4 10mm star bolts behind the hub and insert 4 bolts of same thread pitch but an inch or so longer into those same 4 holes
            6. evenly hammer at those 4 bolts until the rotor "walks" itself out of the spindle

then you should be able to access the rotor easily now and swap them w/ new ones.

Comment

tried all of that and it didnt work. took off the knuckle then pressed out the rotor. One we used some crazy hub tool that my dad had access to. He modified my rotors so that next time they would be really easy to take off. But as soon as i was pulling out of the shop my axle was not in right and is now needing to be replaced. Fix something, and something has to go

Comment

well, hopefully u can just put the hub back to how it was originally. When do you plan on replacing ur rotors again?

Anyways, i was gonna suggest using a slider hammer. Alot of members here don't do it because it can easily damage the wheel bearings. I still use that method.. lol. But the last time it was too late to goto the auto parts store to borrow on, so I just did took off the 4 star bolts, and used extented brake bolts to hammer off the rotor.

anyways good luck with ur next situation
                -:¦:-
                Originally posted by wed3k
                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Working...
                X