Climate Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate Control

hey guys,it's rainy season here now,for the entire winter time. to next spring.Sigh.... However,the problem is when I drive in the rain,there is always fog on my windshield and windows,I put the that botton to blow out air to clean the windshield,works a bit,but not totally.Yet for the side windows,I have no clue how to clear them up.Open the window a bit? The rain will come in,don't open then can't see nothing on the left and right.Annoying.Do you guys have any ideas how to adjust the temp of the climate control maybe? Is there any trick or anything? Thanx!

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

Weed Capital, huh? You must be in Vancouver.

The solution to your problem is easy:

The fog on your windows is condensation due to moisture. If you run the far right switch it'll direct air to your windows. Be sure to turn on your air conditioning to clear the windows. The a/c dries out the air, and by blowing warm dry air across the moisture or condensation it causes it to evaporate. The back window you should easily be able to clear with the rear window defrost switch, which is the center button located just above the climate controls.

So:

- Defrost on
    - A/C on
    - Temp switch to warm
    - Fan speed high

At these settings the windows should clear up in no time, providing the moisture is on the inside of the window. With the temperature selector to warm, it will heat the window to above the dewpoint, preventing fog from forming on the outside. With the A/C on it prevents fog from building up on the inside once its cleared.

If the windows don't clear up within a minute, check your freon levels, as they are low.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

For the side windows, point the side vents at them, as when the defrost is on air comes out of these too.
      -Jay

Comment

"Weed Capital, huh? You must be in Vancouver",lol,yeah! Really a lot of weed here.
        Thanx you for the input,appreicated!
        O.I didn't know that we should turn on our A/C to clear the fog..... I kinda have the mind that A/C is only for summer cauz it cools. I remembered that I never turned on A/C in winter,maybe that's why? My bad,gotta try today!

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

Comment

Raining these days again,I tried to turn the A/C on,it's all good,the fog gone in like 30 seconds.However,I need to turn the A/C on all the time??? As I figured out the fog will build up quicly after I turn the A/C off.So,turn it on and off often or I can just leave it on all the time? I kinda concern about the gas...... .
          Last edited by exexexex; 10-09-2004, 07:31 AM.

Comment

thanx! o,so I think I will get the all the windows cleaned tomorrow.yet I tried to turn the fan speed higher,but doesn't make any difference.............

Comment

If you smoke [cigarettes], the condensation will adhere to the smoke residue on the windows. Be sure to pay special attention if you smoke, as the streaks of cleaning will appear the first time the windows fog up.
              Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
              2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
              2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
              2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

o!! now I know the reason............ it's the residue of the smoking!!! I will try to clean up my windows tomorrow and try not smoke in the car,see what will happen.Thanx for the idea!o,btw,I don't smoke weed though they are kinda cheap here .

Comment

Also close the vents. This helps me cause i basically have no a/c

Comment

Originally posted by exexexex
                    o!! now I know the reason............ it's the residue of the smoking!!! I will try to clean up my windows tomorrow and try not smoke in the car,see what will happen.Thanx for the idea!o,btw,I don't smoke weed though they are kinda cheap here .
                    I wish it was cheap here. Wanna mail me a QP? I am awaiting the day I have the privilage to smoke canadian herb
                    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

I've found that invisible glass works wonders for getting glass REAL clean
                      ~~~~~~~

Comment

Yes, during the winter, the windows fog really bad. I usually crack the sunroof a bit providing it isnt raining or snowing. Cracking the sunroof helps to relieve the fog.

This winter I am going to try "fog-x". I have had good reviews with rain-x, so I will try fog-x and see how it does.

Comment

Working...
                        X