Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 hours, a dozen donuts, 1 large pizza and 2 gallons of iced tea later...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 hours, a dozen donuts, 1 large pizza and 2 gallons of iced tea later...

I have a fresh clutch and flywheel in my car

When I bought the car 2 years ago, the owner said it would need a new clutch. My brother and I finally undertook the task of replacing my non-existing clutch yesterday. I was long overdue and it was a miracle that the car made it to his house because there was no discernible friction material left on the disk when we dropped the tranny and it smelled awful.

We were working in his garage on the ground with all hand tools, 4 jack stands, 2 jacks and his cockerpoo, "Beautiful". The biggest problem came with re-installing the tranny as we were having issues with it lining up properly. Kept falling off the jack.

After all was said and done, the following items were replaced:

clutch - oem
    pressure plate - oem
    flywheel - oem
    release bearing - oem
    mtf - Honda
    rear main seal - Fep-Pro

Overall it was a great deal of work but my we got it finished in a day. My brother saved me a ton of $. After this experience he plans on installing a compressor and lift in his garage so the next one'll be much quicker

Thanks to all the tuners who share information and resources here, this job was completed at a considerable savings of funds that I have not yet accumulated.

Thank you Mike "Deev" and all of cb7tuner.com
    Last edited by bigjoegood1; 08-31-2008, 02:57 PM.
    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
    ><((((º>

did you pull off the radius rod? or did you wiggle around it?

Comment

Pulled it.
      "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
        did you pull off the radius rod? or did you wiggle around it?
        It would make it an even greater pain in the ass if you choose not to remove it.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

damn, thats pretty quick. my first one took me two weeks
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
            It would make it an even greater pain in the ass if you choose not to remove it.
            you don't have to tell me. when you live in NH every bolt gets frozen. so when i did my clutch on my old 92 i was forced to wiggle it around there. it took me nad a friend like 12 hours to do it with a lift. it sucked.

Comment

My big brother is an ASE cert diesel mechanic so he's extremely handy with a wrench. I printed out some stuff that's posted here on the forums for our reference along with my Haynes. Also he had to give his son a haircut while I was taking the car apart

I've got a coupla slabs of ribs that I'll dry rub and take to his house and slap on his grill to show my appreciation.

><((((º>

Comment

Break out the butter and jelly cuz this thing is toast.

><((((º>

Comment

Geez Joe.
                  How did you drive??

1999 BMW M3
                  2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                  2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                  2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Just barely. I told my brother when I made it to his house that I wouldn't be able to make it anywhere else until we swapped in the new clutch. I couldn't get above 50mph on the ride to his house and he's about 40 miles away from me. Fortunately I was travelling very early on a saturday. I just hated being the first car at a red light because I couldn't accelerate very fast and all the cars would have to go around me.

><((((º>

Comment

Nice work! Did you tip the engine down at all by removing the front/rear motor mount through bolts or did the engine just stay as is?

Comment

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                          Nice work! Did you tip the engine down at all by removing the front/rear motor mount through bolts or did the engine just stay as is?
                          Thanks, we undid the tranny mount (obviously) and the rear mount bolts to finesse the motor as needed. Used one of the jacks and a block of wood under the oil pan to raise an lower.

><((((º>

Comment

^Great, thanks, I fig'd the motor didn't have to move all that much! Again, very nice work, it pays off again and again to do the work yourself!

Comment

峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Working...
                              X