fuel gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel gauge

i just put in led in my cluster and before i took it off my fuel was a little above the E and now that i hooked it back up with the led it says its full even though i know its not.. why is it doing that
    Thanks

Stuff For Sale

this happened to me, but with the temperature needle.
    on the reverse side of the gauge faces (tach/speedo/fuel-temp) are holes where the long, fine threaded bolt/screws go. those bolts actually carry the signal/current from the main circuit board to the gauge motor-magnet thingy (the silver thing that the needle is pressed on to). if you over-tighten ANY of these screws what you will end up doing is tearing the very very thin gauge wire in the motor thing, resulting in a needle that always shoots upward. im betting this is what you did. go to the yard, open up a cluster, get you that gauge only, and dont over-tighten this time.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Yes sir

Just to clarify the "motor magnet thing" is something called an inductor, but yes that is the problem I have gone through the trouble of all of this too.

You are not alone. The one good piece of new I can give you is that he gas light still works, making it annoying but not that bad.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
      X