Half tech half audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half tech half audio

hey guys,from last saturday,I noticed that there is a kind of noise can be heard in the cabin,it's from the driver side of the engine compartment. It's kinda like a stop-watch sound,if I accelerate more,the stop-watch goes faster as well.I had no idea what's that and I tried to open the hood and use the throttle cable to check out what's wrong.However,hearing from outside of the car,everything is fine.Nothing wrong.
    Tonight,one of my friend came to my home and he pull out an idea that it could be sound of the pulley cauz I noticed that the noise is from the engine bay pulley area.And he mentioned to me the amp installation on Saturday,I opened one plastic cover on the firewall close to the brake master cylinder to get the power cord from the battery to the amp.He assumed that it could be the sound of the pulley,and it should be like that,the reason I could not hear it before cauz I didn't open that cover on the firewall. Since it's open now,so more engine bay sound will come into the cabin.It's just his point of view.
    What you guys think? I may not tell a very clear story but I hope there is no difficulty in reading it.Any input is to be appreciated.By the way,there is no drivability problem.Everything looks fine and works fine basically.

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

when was the last time you did a valve adjustment??? pop your hood while the car is running and see if the noise is coming from the valve cover.
    O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

no,it's not from the valve cover I think,nothing can be heard outside of the car,I don't know why....... but, I haven't done any valve adjustment before,can you tell me more about that? Thanx!

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

Comment

And I am wondering what kinda of symptoms the car would have if the valves are out of adjustment? I will try to seal that hole tomorrow and see what will happen.I just have no time to go to the shop.However,I am also a bit afraid that the light ticking sound will create a disaster later on
        Last edited by exexexex; 10-06-2004, 05:34 AM.

Comment

does it do it with the radio on and OFF? If it doesn't do it with the stereo off, it's interference coming through the amp power wire. Make sure the wire is securely attached to the power source (battery), and that the amp's ground wire is hooked to a clean, corrosion free spot...
          -Ryan-

My life is rated R.

Comment

Working...
          X