Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

high pitched 'vibration' noise associated with hard accleration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high pitched 'vibration' noise associated with hard accleration.

high pitched 'vibration' noise associated with hard accleration. which also has loss of power is accompanied, with car hesitation, dont know what it would be.... fizz u mah nizz0 on this one =)

it sounds like its coming from the middle, it some times sounds like its coming out the muffler.. when i rev but its all new exhaust and it was just checked by dealership and i got the ok. steering dont shake, nothing but noise and lag acceleration

Comment

they checked the CAT they said its not that.. the heatshield seems tight as hell i punched it and tried to move it and it doesnt budge... itsa very annoying sound, i think it might be the tranny but i dunno... its ahrd to describe the sound.... not paranoid. my bros like dont accel fast it sounds like shit.. i dunno wtf it is.

Comment

i had a audio of it.. il record it and post it tomorrow... but its like hard to explain in typing its like... btw this happens mainly in first gear the high pitched noise.. its like not a Vrooooooooooooooom like normal... but like a Vrooooo(Reeeeer)oooooooooom.. very strange...

Comment

well i had the timing belt changed i believe 2 years ago when my dad had it tuned up... i think they changed that stuff.. i just had it in.. you think they'd know to check that? even if they were looking at exhaust and fixed a missing ring on the intake.. acrtually remove it because i wanted more noise from less restriction to airbox. but it sounded *** after a while..

Comment

if its a high pitched squeeling sound, check the alternator belt. my belt was getting old and would slip a little every now and then, causing an annoying high pitched tone. i didnt notice if it hurt performance. i only heard it happening while i was stopped, mostly when i first started the car in the morning.

Comment

well.. i dont think its that because it dont happen after first gear...

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
                well.. i dont think its that because it dont happen after first gear...
                that exactly why it could be the problem. just like fizz said, about lower gear acceleration. try tightening the belt or just getting a new one, they dont cost much. and if thats not the problem, just look at the silver lining... now you got a brand spankin new alt belt. and having a new belt is never a bad thing.

Comment

how do i tighten it?

Comment

ughhh again rofl.. i might just wait til my next oil change and tell em fucking change all the damn belts and tighten them so i dont get a fucking prob.

Comment

they will be nuts if i go bak in again rofl... i was there 2 times this week.. neway its not a big prob so il wait it out mayb.e

Comment

btw maybe i wanna try to fix it myself this time eh i know itsa first just tell me how fizzeh

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                          good one
                          what kidn of response is that....?

Comment

Change the belts yourself and save your ass a fuck load of money....simple...the easy way is to first pull out the power steering,take that belt off then take out tha alternator. now get below the car and take off the plastic bullshit so you can see your crank pulley. it helps to have a friend so that one person is wrapping the belt around the crank and the other is wrapping it around the alternator,a/c. then tighten the alternator back up. and do the same for the power steering. i know my instructions blow but i think you should get the idea.
                            Last edited by lilchubbz05; 10-26-2003, 09:40 AM.
                            18" ADR RPM's w/ 215/35/18 Nantang'z. KYB GR-2 strutz/shockz. Arospeed Coilovers,Aem short ram intake,ractive muffler w/ custom cat-bacc,pilot rear upper strut bar,pilot rear lower tie bar,ractive front upper strut bar,and Msd wirez, NGK plugz,Chikara hedder w/ header wrap,Unorthodox pullies.

Future Plans.....
                            5 spd swap
                            Exospeed stage 2 cams
                            SAFC
                            MSD SCI Ignition

Comment

Working...
                            X