Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prelude PS pump or CB7 PS pump for H22 swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prelude PS pump or CB7 PS pump for H22 swap?

I'm kinda confused which one I'm supposed to use when doing my swap. I currently have the F22 obviously, pump and line. But when i toss my H22 engine in, can I use my F22 and it'll all be okay? Or do I need to use the H22 pump and find a prelude line?

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Easy fix: P/S delete.

Are you using all your old accord brackets on the H?

If so you wanna use the accord pump.

If you're using H brackets, use the H pump.

Comment

Kai, There are several ways to go about this.

If you want to use your f22 pump, you will need to use the f22 brackets with a custom length belt and you will have to shim the lower hole on the bracket.

You can use the h22 pump and bracket with the prelude line. It does require some bending at the steering rack to work. According to TN_accords.

You can also use the h22 pump and bracket with the accord line, however, you will need to cut the end of the f22 line and flare both the h22 line and f22 line, connecting them with fittings.

Stickydiljoe used the f22 setup on his engine.

90JDM-CB7 has the fitting setup.

TN_accords has the entire prelude setup (he has the f22b dohc, but colse to identical methods)

These are just a few members that can offer you pictures/aids in the process.

Comment

Heres the info i found from research.

You can use your F22 pump/bracket/line. Use the CB Bracket and pump with a custom sized belt. Only two bolt holes will line up and you will have to shim the lower hole. Also the top of brackets hits the hood, its going to have two dents over time.

You can use the H22 pump and bracket, but you will need to swap the prelude line that goes to the top of the pump. Also, the 93-96 H22 and 97-01 H22 have different pumps, brackets, and lines. So if you get a 93-96 prelude pump, get 93-96 everything.

Me personally i went with a 97-01 prelude pump/bracket/line combo with matching Prelude belt, since the pump that i originally bought was for a 97.

I was looking and the H23 has the same pump as the 93-96 H22 prelude. The part numbers for the brackets do not match up so there must be a reason why. Can anybody comfirm this? Is the H23 pump bracket the same as a 93-96 H22?

Part numbers for reference:
        1993 h22
        Bracket - 56994-P13-000
        Pump - 56100-P11-010*
        Line - 53713-SS0-A51
        Belt - 56992-P13-003

1993 h23
        Bracket - 56994-P39-000
        Pump - 56100-P11-010*
        Line - 53713-SS0-A01
        Belt - 56992-P13-003

1997 h22
        Bracket - 56994-P5M-000
        Pump - 56110-P5M-003
        Line - 53713-S30-A52
        Belt - 56992-P13-003
        Last edited by JaK FRoSTWhiTE; 10-18-2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

does anyone know the length of this custom length belt? And these two dents you speak of, there's no way to modify the line to prevent this from happening?

I'm kinda stuck b/c i don't have the prelude pump, the guy ran w/ no PS so idk what he did w/ the pump if he even had it to begin w/.

How much would it cost to get all those parts? line, pump and I believe I have the bracket, he left that on.

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Heres a pic of the Accord pump and bracket. My hood dose have dents and dosnt sit flush. Im looking to get a H22 pump and bracket. Shit looks ugly. On my reciepts it says they used an Odessey PS belt
            Last edited by H22WAGON93; 10-18-2008, 04:47 PM.
            NEW PSN
            H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
              does anyone know the length of this custom length belt?
              Nope i never looked into this setup so i didnt find out what kind of belt to use.
              Im sure its posted on here somewhere.

And these two dents you speak of, there's no way to modify the line to prevent this from happening?
              I believe is the top of the bracket that hits.
              If you look at pics of excalibur02's blue car you can kinda see the dents in the pictures.

I'm kinda stuck b/c i don't have the prelude pump, the guy ran w/ no PS so idk what he did w/ the pump if he even had it to begin w/.

How much would it cost to get all those parts? line, pump and I believe I have the bracket, he left that on.
              Do you know what year bracket it is?
              Like that you can get the right pump and line.
              As far as price, i guess it depends.
              Different people are going to have different prices.
              Try to hit up eBay, craigslist, prelude forums for people parting out preludes.
              I say you can get a nice Pump and Line combo for like $60 bucks more or less.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                Do you know what year bracket it is?
                Like that you can get the right pump and line.
                As far as price, i guess it depends.
                Different people are going to have different prices.
                Try to hit up eBay, craigslist, prelude forums for people parting out preludes.
                I say you can get a nice Pump and Line combo for like $60 bucks more or less.
                yeah the engine is a 93 JDM H22A. So I assume its from 93.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I used the prelude pump and bracket. You'll need a 40.5 inch belt. The prelude hose was a PITA for me...

Comment

Originally posted by MenaceAccord92 View Post
                    I used the prelude pump and bracket. You'll need a 40.5 inch belt. The prelude hose was a PITA for me...
                    so would this pump work? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...4506.m20.l1116

And when you said the Prelude hose was a PITA, how so? did you have to cut it and attach a diff. fitting? I'm still kinda confused as to what has to be done, since I havn't actually starting taking stuff apart yet.

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Yeah that works.

And when you said the Prelude hose was a PITA, how so? did you have to cut it and attach a diff. fitting? I'm still kinda confused as to what has to be done, since I havn't actually starting taking stuff apart yet.
                      It would be more ideal if you grab the whole line.
                      And install it when the motor is out of the car.

Comment

ok, well I grabbed one off of Herwhitecb7 on here, she just did a JDM H22 swap and didn't want powersteering. so I got the pump, and line thats partially cut towards the end of it, about 2.5 ft downwind. I'm thinking i can just cut and weld this one on there right? think it'll work?

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

can u use a accord line til just b4 the pump and splice the h22 end on it?

Comment

Originally posted by kc8enb07 View Post
                            can u use a accord line til just b4 the pump and splice the h22 end on it?
                            thats what I'm thinking I should do, just cut and weld the prelude line onto the accord line. hopefully that works. I really don't want to get rid of powersteering. Especially since I need a new rack, idk how much longer my old one would hold up if it didn't have powersteering, it would just literally lock in place w/ no fluid circulating through it

member's ride thread
                            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

There is the right way and the wrong way to do this, as with most things.

The right way is to use the Prelude pump/line and part of the Accord line.

Everything else is the wrong way, regardless what people tell you.

1) The Accord bracket does not line up completely with the block. You will not have all of the bolts holding it on. It will most likely hit the hood.

2) The BEST way IMO to join the Accord/Prelude high pressure line is to take both to a hydraulic shop and have a hydraulic fitting put in the reinforced rubber section to join the Prelude upper, and the Accord lower portions together. That will make it a bolt in affair. Should also last a long time.

3) The other way to get the Prelude pump in there is to use the complete Prelude line. However, from the crossmember to the steering box, it is significantly longer. You could probably bend it etc, and possibly even shorten it, but then you have to reflare it. Or, you can bend the crap out of it and not put the little metal shield over the line. If you join the two lines, then you can put the shield with no problems.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X