Silverstar Headlight blew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silverstar Headlight blew

Okay im pissed. I was about to leave to go back to school on sunday I turn on my lights and my passanger side headlight goes out. Im like wtf I spend like 40$ on silverstarts like a few weeks ago and they already burn out or whatever

Now i have a crappy ugly stock one in there now.

Shouldnt these silverstars last longer then a few weeks?

If i went to the store and got a single one at like walmart. a few days later think i could return it? and if they ask say it blew right away?

Im just really pissed off about it because there soo damn expensinve but they look soo nice

Anyone wanna respond?

Comment

my silver stars have lasted over a year and there still bright as hell...did you touch the bulb when you put em in?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

ive had a problem with em too. they go about every 2 months. ive got like 30 dead ones lieing around. it sux. same thing with super whites too. idk if its just the amount of power our cars give the lights or somthing. its got me.

Comment

you know mine are gonna burn out now just because you made this thread

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

did you do the 9005 conversion? or were they just the 9006's?

i've been hearing that the silverstars like to blow, I dont think i'm going to get them when i do my 9005 conversion.
            --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

My pass. ALWAYS burns out! No matter what bulbs I have!

I think theres a problem with the whiring in our cars! There are way to many of us that this is happing to!
              OLD GUY CREW #1

BDC #4

93 EX coupe 5 speed

Comment

Either stay stock bulbs or go OEM hid imo. NO aftermarket bulbs are garenteed to last that long.

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                www.maketradefair.com

Comment

I see. I did do the conversion... I think im gonna go buy another and try and return my blown one

Comment

my sylvania cool blue headlights are still going strong after two years

Comment

i bought some xenon blue bulbs about two years ago, no problems with them at all. great bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by resynch
                        my sylvania cool blue headlights are still going strong after two years
                        Cool Blues seem to last a long time. Fuggin' Silverstars do not. Personally I've been running Matrix Ultimate Whites and am quite satisfied. Nice and white and definitely not blinding.

Comment

In the past year I have gone through 2 sets of silverstars (9005 conversion), they only last about 4 months for me. When they do go, I just buy another one and return the blown one for a refund, saying that it just burnt out right away. I definitely did not touch any of the bulbs.. I have daytime running lights in my 1990 EX that are my normal low beams, but at full intensity.. It's kinda weird, I cant turn them off if I wanted to, fronts and rears! Basically it makes no difference when I put my lights on manually, or just start the car - same brightness and everything..

Comment

if you learn that silverstars dont last long if you do the 9005 conversion, then don't do it again. it's as simple as that. The 9005 bulb isnt made to be left on for long periods of time, hence the high beam function of the light. just buy the 9006 and call it a day... either that or just go back to OEM

Comment

yeah brown is right, i would think that since the 9005 bulb has considerably more watts and light output then the 9006 that it would tend to burn up faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X