Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th Gen Idling rough, how do I clean the IACV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th Gen Idling rough, how do I clean the IACV?

Ok so my 92 EX is idling around 400rpms, and it will stall when the air is on. I searched and found that when the IACV is clogged, it will be bypassed (hose 27?) and resort to the setting left on the TB itself. How do I go about cleaning the IACV valve?

can you direct me in this pic? I havent measured the voltage/resistance yet, so I dont even know if it's even good still.

i think i talked to u through email.

actually u said when the ac is on the idle drops...

how about when the headlights are on or when the defroster is on, if it is then it may be a ELD, electronic load detector.

if the iacv was bad then it would throw a code.

also whats ur idle right now...

nice that you made it to the site.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=cleaning

thats a thing i made a while back.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
        i think i talked to u through email.

actually u said when the ac is on the idle drops...

how about when the headlights are on or when the defroster is on, if it is then it may be a ELD, electronic load detector.

if the iacv was bad then it would throw a code.

also whats ur idle right now...

nice that you made it to the site.
        hmm I dont think I am the same person you are talking about....The idle is about 400 rpms right now. I drove through some sketchy water, do you think this could be the problem? I drove through it a couple weeks ago and the car has gotten progressively worse. I dunno, I mean I drive from Orlando to Melbourne, going 90-100 for an hour straight with no problems. As soon as I drop below 3000 rpm, the car start missing and wanting to stall at <1000 rpms.

Comment

Working...
        X