SOHC to DOHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOHC to DOHC

i was just wondering if it was possible to swap a SOHC head with a DOHC. i know it would probable be easer to just swap the engine, but everyone does that now. i'm trying to stay origenal and not meany people go frankenstine.

Just do the swap...unless you get a head for really cheap its not worth it.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i've been looking around and besides the head, you can do the swap for as low as 300. i cant imagine a head at a junk yard being more than 200-300

Comment

what type of head are you talking about?
        did you want to go v-tec?

h22 dohc vtec?
        f22b dohc?
        f20b dohc?
        h23 dohc?
        --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

i'm probably just going to go with the F22B head. if i went VTEC then i would have to mess with the silinoid. i,m not shure, but wouldn't i have to mess with the ECU also? if i have to do all that i might as well just do the swap, but like i said i really don't want to do that

Comment

I dont know this for sure since i've never done it, but supposedly the f22b dohc and the h23 dohc heads bolt right up.

if you went v-tec, you would need all sorts of stuff.

if you want to go dohc, you might want to get a new ecu.. the h23 ecu should work for either one you choose. But the new head will make the new fuel maps pull some more power..
            --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Working...
            X