Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake pedal to floor. Makes whooshing noise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake pedal to floor. Makes whooshing noise.

Been trying to get my sons 90 EX to get brakes going and need help. The car he bought sat for 2 years. It was parked because the owner was told that the brake lights were staying on from the master cylinder being bad. Kept killing the battery. Have changed out the old master cyl for a new one, not reman. Know that the master cyl has nothing to do with the brake lights. Have bench bled until no bubbles flow out. Bled the wheels off 3 times, no air coming out there either.

Did a test on the power booster by pumping the pedal with car off then holding and nothing bled off there. Turned the key on while still holding down on the brake pedal to finish booster leak test and pedal goes down to floor. Haynes manual says it's supposed to if no leaks but how could it not go to the floor if you start it and your foots on it?

Car has brakes, BUT, you have to pump the pedal at least 3 times to get any pedal or stopping power and pedal goes whoosh every times it is depressed.

Please help cuz I'm at my wits end on this one.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

Try another master cylinder or you have a leak.
    wat?

Comment

Sounds to me like its your brake booster if its making that woosh sound. Like if its not holding vacuum.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

had that happen to me 2weeks ago in traffic! its the master cylinder.

Comment

damn my master cylinder is also going out. it is going to be a pain in the ass to bleed the brakes not so much the M.C.

Originally posted by visualpoet
          some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

Is there any way to test the master cylinder?
            LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comment

If you can hear it inside the car then I would say the booster. You could have the master cylinder going out and it leaking fluid back into the diapraghm or whatever in the booster.

Comment

Working...
              X