bubble is power steering fluid resavor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bubble is power steering fluid resavor!

Ok my power steering fluid has bubbles in it and it shoots out of the resavor! what could this be ?
    Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.. CB7 Rider :>

There's air in the system. Add more fluid and crank the wheel lock to lock to bleed it out (obviously with the car running).

Comment

My car did the same thing. It also squeaks/moans/groans in cold weather. 'Bleeding' it by topping off the fluid and turning it from lock to lock cures the problem, at least for the short term.
      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

thanks for the input peeps!
        Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.. CB7 Rider :>

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
          My car did the same thing. It also squeaks/moans/groans in cold weather. 'Bleeding' it by topping off the fluid and turning it from lock to lock cures the problem, at least for the short term.
          i had ur issues....mine made a sound like whales humping..heheh

really i couldnt get rid of it, tried to find leaks and everything. found out my pump was leaking so i got it rebuilt for like 50 bucks...

now its all good.

just check for leakk everywhere if u cant see em wash the engine and also feel the steering rack boots...if they have fluid in it then you know whats up.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Hey peeps i had the same problem as well, Im not too good with cars myself but i saw the mechanic replace this rubber seal, i think the powersteering motor? or the pump? it was near the PS reservoir tank, then i told him i had that moaning/whale sound, and he said it was because the powersteering belt or something wasnt tight? so he adjusted the belt near the ps reservoir tank and now its all good. No more bubbles foaming up and no whale sound.

Hope that helps?

Comment

hey same prob

Just today in the mornig i had the same prob, a lot of bubbles, this happens just in this day's of xtreme cold. :s
              Razer.-

Rev rev rev

Comment

Hey guys same thing with mine, wow it must be a common thing, I definetly noticed it happening in the cold weather, kinda squeaky and you can feel it in the wheel.

Comment

i had this happen to me last night, i almost crapped a brick

it was amost -40c outside and i am thinking that i didn't let the car warm up enough :s

how long should it need to heat up? my friend said his moms truck has a warmer. i might look into that for those cold winter starts. good idea
                  COLBALT CB7 2NER # ?

Winnipeg HAVOC Member: kNate

Comment

Working...
                  X