Clutch acting odd after replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch acting odd after replacement

So recently I took my car in to be inspected and the idiot that drove my car returned it with a burned clutch I spoke with the owner of the shop and demanded that they replace the clutch and he said no problem. My friend works at the shop as an accountant and part buyer and I asked him to make sure that they use an oem Honda throw out bearing and replace the cylinder located on the tranny housing which they did. Well ever since i got the car back the clutch has been engaging a bit odd. The first thing that i noticed is that the clutch pedal had no slack in it at all. In the beginning the clutch would engage at the very top of the pedal stroke and it felt like it wasn't gripping very well. Now a about a month later the clutch pedal will alternate between engaging very high with no clutch pedal slack and then something happens where pedal slack appears and the clutch engages near the bottom, like it used to on my old clutch. After I got the car back I took it very easy and let the clutch break in so Im pretty sure I didn't damage anything. Any ideas what could be causing this?
    The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

I was just wondering if you were still around!

It sounds to me like the lines weren't bled properly.

Comment

Hey Mike! yea I'm still around every so often. Photography and cycling has been my money pit as of lately.
      Thanks for the tip tho. I was under the impression the a mechanic would be able to bleed the lines correctly. Ill give it a try.
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Eh, if they screwed it up in the first place, who knows! I'm STILL finding screwy things that my shop did when they did my swap!

Inconsistencies in pedal pressure and response strongly suggest air in the lines... or failing components. How's your master cylinder?

Comment

wow and your swap was done a long time ago! master cylinder has been replaced when they did the job.
          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Working...
          X