Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Transmission Question.

OK.

My auto transmission in my 91 accord coupe is about to kick the bucket or atleast i think it is?

what are any sugestions for a replacement?

Is there anything I can do do repair, regear, interior work to it to make it better?

milage is almost 170, 000, should i change the tranny oil?
    there are leaks but i can't figure out from where.

I wont change to a manual, i wanna keep the auto and if someone has any suggestions on how to modify the drive train of my auto 91 accord, I would appreciate the guidence and help.

thank you

Re: Automatic Transmission Question.

Originally posted by Pasamonster
    milage is almost 170, 000, should i change the tranny oil?
    there are leaks but i can't figure out from where.
    how often do you change your tranny fluid? and when was the last time you did it? have you got under the car and checked all hoses, gaskets, and the pan itself for leaks?
    -'93 Accord EX 5-speed F22A6
    -DIY mesh grill, DIY stealth intake

Comment

I havent changed the tranny fluid, I just kept adding as it depleted. i was told not to change the tranny fluid because its bad to change it.

hoses are ok. the bolts are tight. there is a pan? i didn't see a pan.

Comment

do a tranny flush! that will help. ur tranny should still be good.

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

OK, will do.

tranny flush meaning empty the fluid and fill it back right?

Comment

check all the bolts that keep the middle of the tranny all together. check the rear uper one. the very last one that u can get too.
            get a torque rench and tighten all the bollts to specification.
            also make sure that is not leaking from the tranny cooling hozes. usually u can see if after the car gets warmed,, not when its cold.
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

for a auto tranny flush make sure u flush in all four gears. D4, D3, 2, 1, and R and park.

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

ok how do i flush all the gears

when i empty out the old fluid shift through all the gears and when i'm filling new fluid shift through all the gears.

is this the right way?

Comment

empty the old one. put the new one. then drive the car. shift from d1 to d4. do this in each gear. i did that when i swaped the tranny. but my car was in the air so no traction to the wheel.

if u wanna replace it then replace it with a jdm f22b auto tranny. it will come in low miles. its hard to find a f22a auto tranny that has low miles.
                  i just don't know if all the sensors are the same or if they have the same plugs for the sensors but if u do swap it then save all the sensors from the old f22a auto tranny.
                  are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Don't flush it if you think the tranny is going bad, that is probably what you heard sometime the thick fluid and sediment is all that is keeping your tranny running
                    Ace 22
                    Criminal Intent Racing
                    Orlando, FL

Comment

Working...
                    X