Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car won't start...could these connections be why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car won't start...could these connections be why?

I'm about done with my 5 speed swap and want to give the car a test start, but I broke my water temperature sensor so that isn't hooked up, and my reverse light switch isn't connected either. I have a new temperature sensor on the way.

Could not having one or both of these connectors plugged in cause the car to not start? When I turn the key nothing happens...literally nothing, no turn over, no click or anything. The battery is connected and powers the electronics and the starter is a brand new one.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you wire up a clutch safety circuit?

EDIT: Neither of those will prevent the engine from turning over.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I followed what cp mike wrote in this thread, post #3
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...085#post703946

Other than that, all my old auto transmission connectors are still hanging unconnected on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
        I followed what cp mike wrote in this thread, post #3
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...085#post703946

Other than that, all my old auto transmission connectors are still hanging unconnected on the car.
        So which one did you actually do, splice the two wires together or make a genuine clutch safety circuit?

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by IAmTheNight View Post
          So which one did you actually do, splice the two wires together or make a genuine clutch safety circuit?
          I just spliced the two together.

I don't think this would matter, but my clutch fluid system isn't filled or bled yet also.

Comment

Double check the connections on the starter. Make sure everything is connected properly and that it is getting power and ground.

Comment

there's two connecting studs on the manual starter where a wire can go. the front one has a very very short cable linking two parts of the starter together, the back stud has my power cable connected...i'm pretty sure that's the way it should be.

Comment

Ok i forgot to connect the very small cable to the starter, its a spade terminal lol. The car starts now.

Comment

Working...
                X