clanking sound coming from under the car was told transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clanking sound coming from under the car was told transmission

i just got back from looking at a 91 accord ex the girl that owns it said someone told her the trans is shot but when we drove it the trans was shifting fine and not vibrateing or anything but it sounded like metal is clanking and draging under the car

now im thinking its the clutch spring has poped out or something like that any other oppions ?
    Blake.
    1994 Accord Part out!
    Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

get underneath and see if the plate that holds the exhaust around the flex pipe area is bolted to the back of the engine block.

that could cause clanking when the exhaust moves forward and backward.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
      get underneath and see if the plate that holds the exhaust around the flex pipe area is bolted to the back of the engine block.

that could cause clanking when the exhaust moves forward and backward.
      shit it would be nice as fuck if i could get a car for $350 that just needs a plate bolted back up haha
      Last edited by Dark_Accord; 08-15-2009, 10:31 PM.
      Blake.
      1994 Accord Part out!

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

bump bump looking for things to check when i look at it again tomarrow
        Blake.
        1994 Accord Part out!

Comment

Check the axles as well. Is it more of a clicking nosie? Descrbe it a little better, or post a vid. Might as well check the trans fluid while you under the car.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
          "The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

it sounds like a thin peace of sheet metal is stuck under the car and like flapping with the wind hitting the ground and then bouncing back up it starts at about 5mphish and gets louder more constent as it accelerates .

ill try and get a video tomorrow and drive it a little farther then 2 houses down lol

god i hope its not the trans but with my luck it probably is haha

edit btw she said the axles were replaced recently with napa ones
            Last edited by Dark_Accord; 08-16-2009, 02:45 AM.
            Blake.
            1994 Accord Part out!

Comment

Working...
            X