Another car wont start but more in depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another car wont start but more in depth

Ok I usually dont have to come on here and ask questions like this but here it is. My car once it gets warmed up it will just start to act a little slutty...as in backfiring, loss of power, tranny shifts funny, and bam it dies and wont crank up. I am throwing code 9 (cylinder position switch) and my dizzy is new. I popped the cap open and I noticed that the rotor screw flew up and trashed the dizzy and the cover for the guts. So I figured that was my problem I head to autozone to get another one. 20 minutes later she starts backfiring again and cuts off. Now I am just getting upset and ready to just say fuck it and walk the rest of the way home. I pull it home and I crank it up this morning and boom it fires right up then starts acting slutty after a few minutes of running. Now im frustrated and its not giving signs of an igniter dying. Could the code 9 have something to do with this? Or do I need to get ahold of a new dizzy AGAIN?

Are u getting the same code again after the repair.If so then maybe that dizzy is faulty.

Comment

I can't remember exactly, but when I worked for Honda, that problem was in the alternator. If I find the info for sure I'll let you know.

Comment

In the alty? Hmm. Well the dizzy still acts like a slut. Me and some people were thinking its a bad dizzy but idk. I am trying to locate another one so that I can find out what the problem is.

Comment

Bump need help!

Comment

well do you have any more codes? is it only when its warm or when its cold as well?

When was the last time you check ur plugs....

did you do any recent work to the car?
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

OK the plugs are fine. I always change plugs about every 15k and Im probably at 10k now. I just installed a Delta 272 cam but I know that isnt whats up. Its got a tuned p28 ECU with all the add ons. I just dont understand why its backfiring the way that it is. I just cant get my hands on a dizzy down here. If anybody around here has one please let me know via PM.

Ill pull the ECU and look for burnt resistors.

Edit: It cuts off when it gets warm.
              Last edited by Shag Wagon; 08-18-2009, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I fixed the problem. It was definately the distributor but the reman'd unit I bought has a bad ignitor because the tach jumps around at high rpm.

Comment

Working...
                X