Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dome light works for rear doors but not front?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dome light works for rear doors but not front?

what is happening is the dome light only works when the rear door are opened. the curtosy lights all work for each door and the corresoponding indicator on the dash does as well.

i have changed the module on the fuse panel (icu?) with a known good one,
    all fuses are ok, the door sensors all ground out properly.

i have recently replaced the lighting relay and the dome light issue didn't change at all.

my speedo head has some issues with back lighting and just power in genral. the car was full of water when i bought it so anything is possible.

any suggestions
    Chris
    96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

does the dome light turn on with the front doors on a four door? or wagon in my case?

Comment

Originally posted by cb9wagon View Post
      does the dome light turn on with the front doors on a four door? or wagon in my case?
      Yeah it does, at least on my 4 door.

That's weird that the courtesy lights come on but no dome light.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

yeah i'm about to change the inside fuse panel due to water damage. i hope that does it.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cb9wagon View Post
          yeah i'm about to change the inside fuse panel due to water damage. i hope that does it.

thanks
          Good luck. Keep us updated.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
          I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

There is a little black "Push/slide" type sensor that sits on the door sill. That might have gone bad. That sensor is what tells you if the door is open or not.

I'll try to find a pic. (I am at work)
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
              There is a little black "Push/slide" type sensor that sits on the door sill. That might have gone bad. That sensor is what tells you if the door is open or not.

I'll try to find a pic. (I am at work)

yeah i took a second look there but the door sensors are working right. the dash lights up and indicates the front doors open as well as the curtosy lights.

Comment

can you use a test light and test the fuses to confirm they are all getting power. (key in ACC)
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

take off the door open indicators from the front on the inside of the door seal. use some 320 or 400 gritt sandpaper and polish the metal contacts up. then clean the actual car frame as well with some alcohol. if this doesnt work
                  replace the switch in the dome light.

our cb7 dome lights suck. the 3rd gen prelude had a better light. hell even the 6th gen civic has a better dome light illuminance
                  frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

wed3k , xkjnboix

the dome light has been replaced with a known good one. i have 3 other 2x5 indusrial equipment dome lights mounted. they are on a relay so it doesn't afect the original circut.

the issue is not the door switches. as is the first post i said the curtosy lights and dash indicate so it is working but for redundancy i replaced them with new ones. as well as the system works with the rear doors.
                    the signal is lost in the main panel/chime unit or whatever its called . thats if the dome light signal origiates from there.

is there a diode pack for the dome light somewhere?

Comment

well glad i changed the fuse panels but no luck (lots of corrosion). i'm going to study a wiring diagram and see what happens

Comment

im trying to study the wiring diagram as well but it's pretty confusing. the rear lights are wired in series and are furtherest away from the dome light circuit.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i just got online and checked the wiring diagram.
                          the dash / cluster sends the ground(-) out to the dome light. the individual door switches feed the curtosy light for the particular door and send ground up to the cluster.

i need a cluster. now the fun part, finding the right one.

Comment

Working...
                          X