No power to main relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power to main relay

I've searched numerous times, and I've tried to diagnose my brothers car.
    first off, it use to start no problem...but when he doesn't drive it, he takes out a certain fuse under he's car so no one can drive it..im assuming it's the ecu fuse. A week later, he puts the fuse back and car wouldn't start...im not getting any click from the main relay, and no, it isn't the main relay..i took the main relay out of my 95 honda accord(same part number) and put it in my brothers car, and still the same, i checked all fuse, and i als made sure they're not corroded.

Took my P13 ecu and tried it in my brothers car, same thing...it wouldn't start. reason why i tried this, cause i know the ecu sends a signal to the main relay...and when on my friends da, he's main wasn't clicking due to he's faulty ecu, and we put my ecu in he's da and it started...but i really don't know what elese to check, i checked most electricals allready...any idea?

i actually had the same thing happen last month. i couldn't figure it out, so i just ran power from the kick panel fuse box and ground to it and it's been working fine for me. this is by no means the proper fix, and i don't really like having it like that. i would also appreciate an answer to this, but in the mean time you can get by like that.
    My Rides:

Comment

Which fuse did you use to run the power too and which wire did you use for ground?

Comment

u checked all the fuses, but did u check the fuses that wernt there?
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
          u checked all the fuses, but did u check the fuses that wernt there?
          all fuses are complete

Comment

i think there's a 15A fuse that controls the relay as well.

check battery voltage.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              i think there's a 15A fuse that controls the relay as well.

check battery voltage.
              I've checked the fuse box under the hood and the driver side kick panel. They are all good.

Battery is still good.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

the entire car is getting power right? like all the dash lights come on? if the ignition switch is bad, it wont give the fusebox power.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    the entire car is getting power right? like all the dash lights come on? if the ignition switch is bad, it wont give the fusebox power.
                    yeah all the dash light come on...ignition switch? is that the one where the key goes in? how cam i tell if it's defected? cause it'll crank but won't start..

Comment

you want to do some under dash diagnosis?

according to the wiring diagram, black/yellow should be getting power when the ignition is on and we're checking the main relay harness.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                      X