Fuel Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Filter

How do I replace the fuel filter? Is it a saimple job or should I take it to the shop? I have a Jdm H22 with about 40k and I am getting some hesitation from 0-10mph and I had the problem before with my F22 real bad and it was hard to get my car started and I was told it could be my fuel lines and I wanna see if this will work. I have a auto.

its easy, just relieve feul pressure by loosening the feul rail banjo bolt, then simply unbolt the 2 liness off the filter thats mounted on the left side under the black MAP box. you might want to remove your intake and shift yoru map box over for more room. get a filter for 11 dollars at autozone and enjoy
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I recently did mine. I was surprised at how heavy the old one was compared to the new one, could have been all the filtered stuff. Mine took me awhile cause the first one i got the hole that was tapped in it was too small. I would suggest taking out your air intake tube makes it easier and then just take off the vacuum line box and tape it up out of the way. Mine was a bitch cause the bolts were so damn tight and its quite hard on the back bending over like that. And then make sure you crank those fuel filter bolts down TIGHT with new washers to avoid gas spraying everywhere like mine did.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i did mine today in liek 10 mins. It is really easy!
        My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

does someone have a diagram to show where tha bolts are located. i havent tried to replace mine, bcuz im not really good wit cars. im in tha process of learnin so any help would be appreciated. thanx

:Back In Business...

Comment

yeah my bolts are all siezed up and i cant get it off. I tryed to replace it like 5 months ago and had no luck. O wel. ill have to get it done at a shop or something

Comment

use and impact gun on the banjo bolts!
              To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Yeah..use an impact gun, or a 1/2" wratchet for more torque. It WILL come off....

Comment

yeah try some wd 40 let it sit..then get a large ratchet for turque and just keep at it, I was putting all my weight on it, and the filter was twisting off the fire wall, thought the filter mount was gonna break right off the damn firewall but it didnt, finally the bolts loosened after i broke my damn watch.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

also try using the ratchet from a different position. i couldn't get mine off when i was standing on the passenger side, but then i moved to the driver's side so i had more leverage and it eventually got it off.
                    -'93 Accord EX 5-speed F22A6
                    -DIY mesh grill, DIY stealth intake

Comment

bump.. i got a fram fuel filter and it came w/ 3 washers???

there's only and in and out to the filter, so i am curious if i need to use the washers and if so how? (onto the fuel filter?)

thanks
                      hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
                        bump.. i got a fram fuel filter and it came w/ 3 washers???

there's only and in and out to the filter, so i am curious if i need to use the washers and if so how? (onto the fuel filter?)

thanks
                        I did mine today, the three washers go onto the fuel lines. Once you releave the presure from the banjo bolt on the fuel rail its real easy. The hose that goes from the fuel filter to the fuel rail is going to use the two bigger washers. Once you take it apart you will notice where all three go. It's perty simple. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
                        Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                        i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

thanks i just did mines and i started a new thread cuz the fuel that goes in doesn't seem to screw in completely like how it is.. i didn't change the washers.. i forgot where they'd supposed to go, cuz i got sidetracked... if possible is there a pic? i used fram and didn't use any wahsers that were provided...

perhaps it is why the input does not go in smoothly.. i hand torque it in really nice to avoid cross thread or whatever, then about 1/4 left i have to use the tool to make it tight, yet it won't go in completely. there is no drips or anythign though..

the output was nice and easy.

*sorry for terminology, as you can see im a noob.
                          hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                          X