A couple of questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of questions...

If the lid that seals over the fuel pump by turning it is not sealing correctly will it cause hard starts after sitting?

Also does our cars have a fuel pump check valve, if so how do we know when they are not working?

no. that will not cause you to lose fuel pressure.

and kind of
    you can pull the bolt out of the end of the rail to check to see if you have pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post

and kind of
      you can pull the bolt out of the end of the rail to check to see if you have pressure.
      Should I have pressure after letting the car sit overnight?, like can i wake up in the morning, pull the bolt out and get pressure? or do I have to turn the key?

Comment

although the fuel pump ultimately creates the most pressure in the system, the fuel cap is also part of it. that's why taking the gas cap off is part of the fuel pressure relief procedure when doing work on the fuel system. car should run fine without the cap, however.

if you honestly feel the fuel pump is part of the problem, you can do a pressure check. if you are unsure how do it, then you should get a repair manual.

keep in mind that hard starts can be caused by many things, like worn distributor parts, vacuum leaks, worn spark plugs, incorrect ignition timing, ect. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

When I take off my gas cap, I feel or hear no pressure is being released, I did a fuel pressure test and my fuel pump is fine.

Comment

Have you done a tune up recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
              Have you done a tune up recently?
              yes

Comment

Working...
              X