• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle problem/CEL problem/Tranny Problem

93 LX
    JDM H22A1
    5 sp. Manual

Here's a list of my problems, as always, any help is apreciated.

1) After my car warms up it has an odd idle. It goes to about 1500 back down to 500 (revving up and down). From time to time I can turn on/off the heater full blast and the revving will subside.

2) While driving around, I will get a CEL but if I turn the car off, it will go off. So my question is, is there anyway to check the code while the car is running? It only did this after the ECU was recently reset, and it threw a code 36, which I believe is strictly a JDM code and has something to do with 4WS.

3) After the swap was done, my car wouldn't shift into reverse. It has been checked right at the tranny, and it just feels like there is no gear there at all. It feels the same inside of the car. I called HMotors (where I purchased the motor from) an they said I needed to replace a bushing that is found inside the tranny. Does anyone know where this bushing it is, how much work is involved in replacing it, and what its name is?

Doesn't the 4ws come into play when its put in reverse? If you throw a code at any time shouldn't it keep it in memory until its reset? You should be fine checking codes with the engine running. I did it on my old mercury (i know thats a totally different car), but it had an IOER type test (ignition on, engine running) and a IOEO type (Ignition on, engine off), so I figure its probably fine to check codes with the engine running.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
      Doesn't the 4ws come into play when its put in reverse?
      I have no idea, maybe somebody else knows?

If you throw a code at any time shouldn't it keep it in memory until its reset?
      I don't know, but it defintely doesn't come on when I turn on the car and takes a while to come on (10-15 mins of driving)

so I figure its probably fine to check codes with the engine running.
      Doesn't it reset the ECU when you put a paperclip in the reset button? I would think it might do something to the motor if its running?

Thanks for the comments!

Comment

No you have to pull the battery or the fuse (ie cut off the power) to reset it. Pulling codes won't remove them from the ecu's memory.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by accordaffair
        If you throw a code at any time shouldn't it keep it in memory until its reset?

I don't know, but it defintely doesn't come on when I turn on the car and takes a while to come on (10-15 mins of driving)
        It can have codes without throwing a cel light. I could go out tomorrow, my cel light having never come on, and find a code in memory. I guess its based on how important the code is.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

any idea on the idle situation, i think it may be ICV related, i think i may pull it tomorrow and check it's condition

Comment

Working...
          X