"S" light flashing (i did search first)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"S" light flashing (i did search first)

ok i have a 91 SE with auto transmission. everything works fine, but the S light in the dash board flashes all the time. i did the jumper cable to see if there was a problem but nothing. also while ago i did an oil change to the engine and i added lucas. the oil got really thick. i drove it for a while and the S light stopped flashing, and after couple days the oil got thinner the light cam back again. any ideas what could be wrong??
    Turbo F22 Under Construction

Are you sure when you jumped the diagnosis , the S doesn't flash?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
      Are you sure when you jumped the diagnosis , the S doesn't flash?
      yeap 100% sure i did it couple times but nothing

Comment

Try switching another TCU in. Also engine oil has nothing to do with the "S". Just a heads up.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
          Try switching another TCU in. Also engine oil has nothing to do with the "S". Just a heads up.
          ok i'll try that thanks bro!

Comment

mine is doing this while in D4. sometimes it flashes and sometimes it stays lit but the button doesnt turn it on and off. I got anotehr tcu from my friendd car b4 he junked it, Im going to try his tcu and see if it stops blinking.

Delaa108, are you having any transmission related problems? My car sometimes wont shift gears and jerks. My mechanic said that the blinking might be indicating a problem with the tcu.

Comment

Originally posted by dakiid View Post
              mine is doing this while in D4. sometimes it flashes and sometimes it stays lit but the button doesnt turn it on and off. I got anotehr tcu from my friendd car b4 he junked it, Im going to try his tcu and see if it stops blinking.

Delaa108, are you having any transmission related problems? My car sometimes wont shift gears and jerks. My mechanic said that the blinking might be indicating a problem with the tcu.
              well my transmission takes a bit longer to shift and it shift more harder. also i tried turning on to sports mode but it wont do it. let me know if changing the tcu fix it

Comment

finnaly got the other tcu put in. at first it wasnt throwing any codes(s light wasnt flashing) and for the 1st time I could actually turn sports shift on and off. The car did act up when I first started it but after it warmed up it shifted without a problem both driving normal and driving fast. Didnt miss any gears or slipped. So far so good. But by the time I finished driving, the S light started flashing again. It continued to drive fine but I couldnt turn sports shift on or off anymore =( Was fun while it lasted lol. Need to go get a paper clip and pull the codes.

Comment

Everytime I turn it on it works fine for awhille, no blinking and I can controll sport shift. |
                  I have 1 cel code and 2 s ligt codes so Im going to go find out what they r

Comment

Originally posted by dakiid View Post
                    Everytime I turn it on it works fine for awhille, no blinking and I can controll sport shift. |
                    I have 1 cel code and 2 s ligt codes so Im going to go find out what they r
                    oh i see. well i'm probably going to get a tcu as well and see what the results are. thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                    X