upgraded fule pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgraded fule pump

for those who have it and installed it themselves, how hard was it to install?

WALBRO 255 FUEL PUMP
    did u have to remove the gas tank?

thanks.
    theo-
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

removed the entire tank. there is no way around it the tank must be dropped. after it is dropped just undo the 6 nuts and pull the old pump out then put the new one in hook everything up and install the same way it came out. installed mine about a month ago and I have more than enough fuel to supply what I need.
    www.rms-usa.com

Comment

humm i wonder what does it look like inside the gas tank? would u get any MPG increase?
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yeah I had to change my shit when I really didnt have to do it . So it was a fuckin pain in the ass I did my shit on a half-tank all by myself no help with a fucked up jack talk about fucked up luck right.

I dropped the tank the only hard part was getting the tank back up being that my jack was messed up youll be surprised about the gunk thats on there once you take it out be very careful not to puncture the lines but you have to unhook alotta fuel lines feel dirt on your face and becareful not to miss any washers.

You have to angle the pump a certain way without breaking it. once its in youll be happy. No as for the mpg didnt see an increase or decrease its all about how you drive the car in this case.

Comment

ok, thanks for the help folks....
          NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

yeah i got a small scar on my arm because of that mybad hehehehehehhehe yeah theres alot of piping to losen and the tank should be easy . but the civics are simple just go to the back and unbolt accord are harder but its well worth it.

Comment

so what would a high performance fuel pump actually do to your car?? does it increase HP or what? ive wanted to install one as well but didnt know what they do...and do you have toput in a new fuel rail and injectors to get the full effect of the new pump?? thanks

Comment

it depends on what you do more or less the high performance fuel pump just only provides more of a higher volume of fuel to prvide where as a stock one cant keep up with the performance. Its like to give a person whos been thirst for 5 days half a glass of water one half isnt going to be enough that person is going to want more so you give em a full glass or three glasses in order for them to run right .

Comment

It doesnt increase horsepower either if its too much it can hinder you if its too less youll run slow too much youll run slow just right youll run pretty good.

Comment

so there is really no need for it unless you are running an engine with a turbo or supercharger or something extremely high performance???

Comment

not really unless you suspect your original fuel pump is goin bad as well too plus that.

Comment

since installing an intank fuel pump is such a pain for regular person, would an inline pump work better? what are the downside of inline pump since it easy to install and easy to check.
                        shop quote me $180 labor install the intank fuel pump

BTW- does the walbro come in low pressure and high pressure pump? or does the walbro HP stand for high performance??
                        90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                        < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Just tell em you want a 255lph fuel pump I really dont trust inline too much even though they are effective its just that i rather have it in the tank than inside where it should be its when we cut corners that shit goes bad .

Comment

someone was telling me that you can take fuel pump out on top of the car insted of dropping the tank is this true?

Comment

can you install a walbro 255 fuel pump even if your car is stock or only when you boost/mod your car? i need to replace my fel pump because its dying and needed to know whether to buy a regular pump or walbro.
                              JD'S 91 Honda Accord. Nothing even compares to a Honda.

NO NOS, JUST BALLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X