clicking at idle,WOT, and up hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clicking at idle,WOT, and up hills

im getting this weird clicking noise about 5 sec. after i start my car. it lasts for about 3 sec. then comes back every like 20 sec. until i drive it. then at WOT it starts clicking up by 4500-6200 rpm until it shifts. then when its up there again in the next gear it keeps doing it. also when im going up a steep hill and the rpms start to drop and it downshifts(auto) it starts to make the nosie until the next gear, then it starts again later in the gear. i think exexex had this problem before or someone with a black sedan. cant really remember who it was but i cant find the thread anymore. i dont know if its something thats damaging my motor or what. should i still drive it like this, anyone got any ideas?

no one wants to help me? its fine i will just let a 93 ex coupe die on me. no real loss here

Comment

a clicking sound could be anything...u haven't described the problem to well is why nobody responded. Try having someone else start the car a couple of times while ur under the hood trying to find out where the ticking sound is coming from. Could be injectors, could be drivetrain, could be gremlins in ur back seat..try to pin point where the sound is coming from and get back to us
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

the sound is coming from the area where the oil filter is. probly not that but i checked it anyway. sounds like some kind of valve clicking or something.

Comment

If it coming from the oil filter area, it is most likely in need of a valve adjustment. It could also be the water pump. I had a pump that was going bad on me make a rattling noise. Problem was, it sounded like it was coming from the #3 cylinder, so I had no clue what it was until I replaced the pump.

Since it is an auto, there is a possibility that it is your tranny. Most likely the torque converter. Those things will sound awful when they are about to go, or already have gone. Think large rock tumbler.

Worst case scenario is that you have a rod knock problem which would indicate major engine trouble in the block.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

my car sometimes clicks when i go up a hill, it also sometimes clicks at the higher rpms as well..but not at idle...you might want to try some injector cleaner, or use cleaner fuel, that seemed to really help my problem, i hardly ever hear the clicking sound anymore....

Comment

could be just about anyhitng. the vavle adjustment i dont really know... mine needed adjustment and were clicking at all rpms... you could try some fuel injector cleaner.. i like gumout fic you only use it every 3000 miles..... the honda dealerships use cheveron techron whne a car has a fuel problem. its about $10 a bottle but if they use it then it must work. and you can get it at places like auto zone or advanced auto parts. o'rileys

Comment

oh yeah that chevron techron stuff really works, its more like 6 bucks a bottle.

Comment

o' rileys is the only place ive seen it here... it was 9.99 lexington sucks

Comment

Working...
                  X