Cooling fan noise - where to get replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling fan noise - where to get replacement

OK, while I know my cooling and A/C fans work fine, one of them is making noise. I am pretty sure it is the cooling fan as I have not used the A/C for quite a while and still hear the noise. It happens at times when the cooling fan kicks on while driving or after parking the car when the fan kicks on (not so much with that now that it is colder).

Anyway, pretty sure it is the bearings going out in the fan itself. What is the best way to fix this? Is there a reasonable supplier for OEM or replacement parts? Can I replace just the motor?

Any and all input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Eric91Z
    eric91z@globalccs.net
    '92 Honda Accord EX Coupe - For Sale (email me)

ive had to replace both my fans...i got one for free and the other i paid like 30 bucks for....i would just change the whole shroud, it would be easier then trying to fix the motor...and i bet no junkyard woudl just sell the motor, they would want to sell the whole thing...

Comment

So, I take it from your post you picked up the parts from a salvage yard? Any problems with them working?
      Eric91Z
      eric91z@globalccs.net
      '92 Honda Accord EX Coupe - For Sale (email me)

Comment

well one my dad got for me...he worked at a lot so he just took it from another cb7, and yes the other one i got from a junkyard, it worked just fine.

Comment

contact chazzworth he may have one...

also your local auto store has them

my uncles both went out, they started spinning terribly slow...heheh happens after a long time...mine is getting slower as well...ill get a new motor and some new "cheap performance blades" soon
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
          X