strange ideling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange ideling

after coming back home from philly i noticed that my idle speed started to behave weird. When i was drivin back on 95 it was late past midnight and it was basically empty on a long strech so i hit the tripple didgits on my speedo a few times. After gettin of on an exit my idle rpms started to jump from 1000 to 1500 rpms - up and down. Then it would stop for few minutes but it would still idle at around 1200 rpms compared to 800 rpms usual. Its not the first time i went that fast and that has never happened before. I drove all day today and the same idle jumping kept reaccuring. what could it be
    The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

Iacv

My guess is the IACV ( Idle Air COntrol Vavle) the little white screw thing came loose, its a very common problem from my understanding, theres a DYI on the board about it. But you just need to screw the white screw thing back down in the IACV while the engine is _COLD_
    Im finally back!

Comment

could very well be the cold air valve thingy..do a search..you will find out how to adjust it....or you could of done something to the engine hitting triple digits..put i would check the first thing...

Comment

haha we replied at the same time...and both said the same thing!

Comment

DYI with Pics

http://www.hondapitstop.com/accord/t...le_adjust.html

try that for pics of what to do, its the same DYI I used to fix mine, good luck :-D
          Im finally back!

Comment

so does this white piece just need to be tightened down is that it or is it a special adjustment?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

yeah just take a flathead screwdriver, or a dime, i used a dime....and just turn it until the idle drops, you will hear it go down...

Comment

the white thing justs needs screwed back down, you dont need to use a paperclip to hold it, mins hasnt vibrated back loose. if you need a pic of the white thing, since that doesnt have one, just msg back here and ill post some pics. I used a flathead screw driver.
                Im finally back!

Comment

yea man could you post some pics? would it make more sense to adjust that white ring/screw when the engine is warmed up instead of cold because the jumping rmps occur when the engine tries to idle. When the engine is cold the rpms are up as usual untill the engine catches a certain temp.
                  Watch my CB7 video

Comment

man its not that hard, when you take the screws off tha hold the valve down you will see a slot that looks like it will perfectly fit a flathead screwdriver, just stick turn in....

Comment

ok, so here ya you, this is what the IACV is, or what i call the IACV...

this is a side shot of it,

as the other tutorial said ONLY take out one screw...

see the yellow/white thing in there, with the two slots, here is closer but blurrier shot of what I mean,

What I did was turn it ALL the way down, as tight as I could get it, and turn it the opposite way 1 time, if you dont, it will idle and then cut off, so I turned it 1 time the other way and havent had it idle/bog out since. Hope this helps, and good luck
                      Last edited by TpyoKnig; 12-18-2004, 01:59 PM.
                      Im finally back!

Comment

nice job buddy...

Comment

Need to learn how to use the macro feature on your camera, or not take close ups if your camera doesnt have macro... lol... Other than that, good pics of the thing that has been covered 1000 times . Fixed my idle way back when.

Aaron

Comment

thanx for the help guys. i did exactly what you said BUT no change :-( the idle still jumps up and down from 1000rpms to 1500rpms. i think that happens the most after crusing for a little bit at a constant speed. Ill try to capture a small vid with my digital camera and post it up here maybe tomm.
                            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

na, it wasnt the camera, it was the user :P, it was cold yesterday, thats when I took the pics, and I had on sorts so I had to take them quickly as I could, it had to be like 20F outside. Im crazy like that. But anyway, sorry it could help :/ I dont know what else could be causing it...
                              Im finally back!

Comment

Working...
                              X