1000rpm Vibrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000rpm Vibrations

Sitting in my car with it in park, vibrations can be felt when I rev it to 1000rpms. Does this happen to anyone else? Common problem?

Vibrations usually happen in my car when it idles in park or neutral (or drive if I'm not moving). When I rev it, it's not much.

Comment

if your motor mounts are shot then yeah you'll def. feel vibrations.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

all my motor mounts are Window welded. Its sort of a buzzing tha dash sound from 1000 to 1500rpm

Comment

Just wondering if there is any CEL or anything you have installed lately?

Comment

Originally posted by 91@CCORD74 View Post
            all my motor mounts are Window welded. Its sort of a buzzing tha dash sound from 1000 to 1500rpm
            did you level the engine via jack prior to tightening the motor mount bolts?
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              did you level the engine via jack prior to tightening the motor mount bolts?
              ok im kinda sleepy but are you asking did I support the engine with a jack, and tighten the motor mount bolts while its still supported, or are you asking is my engine level in general?

Comment

you have to take the engine weight off the mounts before you tighten all of them down otherwise it would be bound up like suspension bushings.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  you have to take the engine weight off the mounts before you tighten all of them down otherwise it would be bound up like suspension bushings.
                  Im pretty sure I tightenend them right, but thats something to look into thanks

Comment

also when accelerating, right before it shifts I hear a vibration of something, sounds like its coming from the hood, this is a auto

Comment

Working...
                    X