Clutch Master Cylinder Problem???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Master Cylinder Problem???

I have already installed a new clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder on the clutch in my 91 CB LX...the problem is I can't figure out how to bleed the master cylinder properly. My car will not start due to the lack of pressure on the clutch pedal, which is what primes the master cylinder. I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing, nor do I posses the money to take it to a shop. Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    -Aaron

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

pump the pedal with the bleeder screw closed, hold after pumping several times open the screw until there is nothing but fluid no air bubbles. Keep doing that till ur pedal feel strong.
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

I've tried that repeatedly...still no progress.

White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

There is too much air in the system to bleed the master and slave together. Take the master out and bench bleed it. Reinstall the master after bleeding it. With the master installed and the line attached put a hose on the slave bleeder valve. Run that hose to a jar or can with some brake fluid in it and start pumping the clutch until there is no air coming out of the valve. Close the valve, pump the clutch a few more times and you’re ready to go. Make sure that you keep adding fluid as you do this or you will just suck air back in to the system.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

There is a metal lever type thing that depresses the slave cylinder piston, and its not moving like it should either, will the bench bleed take care of that problem as well?

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
            There is a metal lever type thing that depresses the slave cylinder piston, and its not moving like it should either, will the bench bleed take care of that problem as well?
            Are you talking about the pedal? If so it is better to use your hand to pump the pedal as there is no pressure to bring it back up after you push it in with the bleeder valve open.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

No its not the pedal, the pedal controls the master cylinder, the slave cylinder is located toward the front of the engine. A little below halfway down your passenger side radiator fan. Look at the transmission bell housing and find the slave cylinder, I'm talking about that metal piece with the rubber boot on it that appears to exit from the bell housing and cover the head on the slave cylinder piston. That piece is what controls the slave cylinders movement. This piece isn't depressing the slave cylinder anymore for some reason???

Comment

are you talking about the clutch fork?

Comment

Do not take the CMC out to bench bleed it, it instantly fills up w/ fluid when you begin to fill the resevoir. The problem is that there is alot of air in the system and you can't even build up any pressure to push it all out. It can literally take about 30 minutes but it can be done w/ a friend. I can seem like nothings happening but after awhile, you will begin to get pressure, then keep on bleeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                    Do not take the CMC out to bench bleed it, it instantly fills up w/ fluid when you begin to fill the resevoir. The problem is that there is alot of air in the system and you can't even build up any pressure to push it all out. It can literally take about 30 minutes but it can be done w/ a friend. I can seem like nothings happening but after awhile, you will begin to get pressure, then keep on bleeding.
                    when i installed my CMC the first time, i didn't adjust the clutch pedal so i had to remove it and move it towards the end of the rod. That's when i started building pressure and my pedal didnt keep staying down on the floor.

Comment

^You had to remove it just to adjust the pushrod?

Comment

yeah it was my noob mistake not adjusting the rod the first time that and i wanted to bench bleed it the CMC just incase because i couldn't get any pressure even if i pumped it by hand. Turned out that i had the pedal adjust back far enough that the rod made the CMC always seemed opened.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                          yeah it was my noob mistake not adjusting the rod the first time that and i wanted to bench bleed it the CMC just incase because i couldn't get any pressure even if i pumped it by hand. Turned out that i had the pedal adjust back far enough that the rod made the CMC always seemed opened.
                          So then try to adjust my clutch pedal first then?
                          I mean before I jump to conclusions...

Comment

yeah i'd look at your pedal height first before you do anything drastic like i did because both you and i know that brake fluid removes paint. well... i accidently removed some paint when i "adjusted" my CMC.

i'll see if i can wedge a camera down in my pedal area later today after work so that you can see just about where to adjust the pedal and rod so that you can start building pressure.

Comment

try gravity bleeding the system first. Just open the bleeder and let fluid flow through. It takes about half the time off pumping the pedal.

Comment

Working...
                              X