Gas line question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas line question.

The 2 lines that are circled go into a clamp thing. Is that clamp thing just to connect the lines or does protect against like overspray of the gas and stuff.

Because mine rotted out and I was thinking of just cutting the line and connecting them.

Any help thanks!

i cant see the lines your talking about. is it the one that goes to the fuel pump and then a banjo fitting and then to another fitting and then gose to the front of the car?

I just redid those.
    NEW PSN
    H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by H22WAGON93 View Post
      i cant see the lines your talking about. is it the one that goes to the fuel pump and then a banjo fitting and then to another fitting and then gose to the front of the car?

I just redid those.
      Yeah man! Those are them. I actually cut the banjo fitting out and just hooked a rubber hose with 2 clamps on both sides(4 total).

Where did you buy your lines from?

Comment

Originally posted by Reignstarz View Post
        Yeah man! Those are them. I actually cut the banjo fitting out and just hooked a rubber hose with 2 clamps on both sides(4 total).

Where did you buy your lines from?
        thats not gonna last for awhile.

The fitting on the other side of the banjo fitting was bad on mine.

Honda wanted $150 for that line and it would have been a pain in the ass to put in.

I got a fitting from the fuel filter, same thing, and bought some metal brake line from Napa and a double compresion fitting.

I cut the old line put a double compression fitting on and bent the line to try to match it to the old line. then on the side with the fitting i had to flre it with a flaring tool and put the fitting on.

Cost me $13 to fix it. Been over a month and no problems
        NEW PSN
        H22wagon

RIP

Comment

thats not gonna last for awhile.

The fitting on the other side of the banjo fitting was bad on mine.

Honda wanted $150 for that line and it would have been a pain in the ass to put in.

I got a fitting from the fuel filter, same thing, and bought some metal brake line from Napa and a double compresion fitting.

I cut the old line put a double compression fitting on and bent the line to try to match it to the old line. then on the side with the fitting i had to flre it with a flaring tool and put the fitting on.

Cost me $13 to fix it. Been over a month and no problems
          Dude that's sick. You went from filter through the bottom of the car to the banjo?

Comment

no. i took the inlet fitting on the fuel filter from another car and cut it. then i cut my old line, used a high pressure brake line with a double compression fitting. joined my old line with the new line, then bent to shape the old line with a pipe bender. flared the other side to mount the fuel filter fitting and then screwd it back into the banjo fitting.

the fitting on the inlet side of the fuel filter is the same size fittting that honda put on the line that goes into the banjo fitting.

did you already cut that banjo and the other line on the other side of the bracket?
            NEW PSN
            H22wagon

RIP

Comment

no. i took the inlet fitting on the fuel filter from another car and cut it. then i cut my old line, used a high pressure brake line with a double compression fitting. joined my old line with the new line, then bent to shape the old line with a pipe bender. flared the other side to mount the fuel filter fitting and then screwd it back into the banjo fitting.

the fitting on the inlet side of the fuel filter is the same size fittting that honda put on the line that goes into the banjo fitting.

did you already cut that banjo and the other line on the other side of the bracket?
              Yeah I did its double clamped on both sides of the rubber tubing on the lines. But I wish I had known about that before I had cut it haha. I just hope it holds till I can completely replace the tank and lines along with the pump etc. Thanks for the help though!

Comment

Originally posted by Reignstarz View Post
                Yeah I did its double clamped on both sides of the rubber tubing on the lines. But I wish I had known about that before I had cut it haha. I just hope it holds till I can completely replace the tank and lines along with the pump etc. Thanks for the help though!
                thats gonna be around 250-300 worth of lines from Honda, no one else sells them. and a whole day of work. You need high pressure metal lines. Get some and use a double compression fitting to join them together. you need a pipe bender. maybe a $20 item or maybe rent one
                NEW PSN
                H22wagon

RIP

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread but this seemed pretty helpful

I initially just thought my fuel filler neck was leaking but once I jacked the car up and took a good look, not only is it my filler next but that hard fuel line that H22wagon93 was talking about....

This just blew my day to see the least

H22Wagon93: So that hard line was $150?!?!?!?!

Comment

yeah I had the high pressure line rust out on my sedan in the middle of nowhere VA on my way from NC to MA. A shop replaced two lines, and the fuel filter. Cost me over $700 to get out of the shop. Plus a night in a hotel.

i was on the road with zero tools (well hardly any), my car was loaded to the gills with my whole college dorm-room, cargo box on the roof, and bikes on the roof.

sorry for the
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                      yeah I had the high pressure line rust out on my sedan in the middle of nowhere VA on my way from NC to MA. A shop replaced two lines, and the fuel filter. Cost me over $700 to get out of the shop. Plus a night in a hotel.

i was on the road with zero tools (well hardly any), my car was loaded to the gills with my whole college dorm-room, cargo box on the roof, and bikes on the roof.

sorry for the
                      yea, the way mine is rusted it looks like its going to be a major PITA

Here I was expecting to just do my fuel filler neck and I just opened up a can of worms, story of my life

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7 View Post
                        Sorry to bring up an old thread but this seemed pretty helpful

I initially just thought my fuel filler neck was leaking but once I jacked the car up and took a good look, not only is it my filler next but that hard fuel line that H22wagon93 was talking about....

This just blew my day to see the least

H22Wagon93: So that hard line was $150?!?!?!?!
                        Its been a while, but yeah i think so. But you dont need to replace the whole line. Just the portion thats rusted or damaged.
                        NEW PSN
                        H22wagon

RIP

Comment

Its been a while, but yeah i think so. But you dont need to replace the whole line. Just the portion thats rusted or damaged.

Hows your repair holding up two years after the fact???

I was looking up prices and I'm thinking of just replacing both lines.

Yea the hard line going to the front of the car ( The really long one) might be a PITA but its even cheaper than that soft line with the banjo fitting ( $60, $112 respectively)

The only one leaking is the hard line but the soft line is rusted so bad its pretty much seized up with the hard line.

So when you did the DIY method was there nay flaring that you had to do or what??? It might be cheaper but if theres more work involved ( with flaring an sourcing the proper hard lines, etc) I think I might just fork out a little extra to just have everything I need and get it done at once.

Comment

^His wagon was parted out last May, the repair held up perfectly, dry as a bone the day we dropped the rear disk brake assembly. I guess it's all personal really, we went w/ a quick and dirty repair job only b/c he knew he'd be parting out the car @ some point. There is absolutely nothing wrong w/ what we did though, it got the job done.

I had to help another local member who decided to replace the entire line (tank to fuel filter) w/ a brand new honda one. He ended up cross threading the fitting @ the soft line's block. I went to the junkyard, found the nicest condition soft line stub (all the tanks were cut out, that's how they cut all of them out) and used a barb fitting to join the two ends of fuel line. Worked out in the end.

Def. regularly spray the whole area w/ wd-40 to halt the rust, that'll help alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                              ^His wagon was parted out last May, the repair held up perfectly, dry as a bone the day we dropped the rear disk brake assembly. I guess it's all personal really, we went w/ a quick and dirty repair job only b/c he knew he'd be parting out the car @ some point. There is absolutely nothing wrong w/ what we did though, it got the job done.

I had to help another local member who decided to replace the entire line (tank to fuel filter) w/ a brand new honda one. He ended up cross threading the fitting @ the soft line's block. I went to the junkyard, found the nicest condition soft line stub (all the tanks were cut out, that's how they cut all of them out) and used a barb fitting to join the two ends of fuel line. Worked out in the end.

Def. regularly spray the whole area w/ wd-40 to halt the rust, that'll help alot.
                              I wouldn't have a problem replacing the whole line, but how difficult was it maneuvering that long line through the car?? Did u start from the back and work your way to the front or vice versa??? Any suggestions???

Comment

Working...
                              X