Blown Clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blown Clutch?

Alright so here it is in a nut shell. We were having issues getting the clutch to bleed due to the fact of a bad clutch line. We removed the clutch assembly that is found on the passenger side of the car(This includes the banjo that the clutch line from CMC goes into then it goes out into another fitting that goes to a rubber line next to the head) and ran new line from CMC to the rubber tubing(It is going through a fitting) next to the head.

So we deleted the clutch assembly over on passenger side.

The problem was when we started the car up and put it in first and let off the clutch it wouldn't** stall. I didnt have to give it gas. But when we gave it gas it took quite a bit of time for it to engage and get momentum. Shifting had a little slip to it. The previous owner said it started slipping in 5th when he had it and went down from there.

The car sat for awhile.

While io7 was driving it home for me a huge puff of smoke came out from underneath the car and through the back. He said it felt like he ran something over. After that we would rev the car and it wouldn't move. Shifted gears perfectly fine though(sitting still?)..

I also saw little bits of fireballs(Almost like someone throwing cigs out the window) coming from underneath the car.

My question is, Is this the clutch. I would put money on it that its the factory clutch. So would it be clutch or tranny?

dude did you listen to wut dan said lol it's the clutch man
    back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
      dude did you listen to wut dan said lol it's the clutch man
      Nah didnt hear what dan said because you were talking to him lol. But it has to be the clutch.

I figured id post to see what others say.

Comment

lol yeah lol
        but it was most def the clutch lol
        back at it again

Comment

Working...
        X