Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having problems w/cold engine

car: 92 accord lx w/jdm h22a1 swap
    the car takes forever to warm up so i came to the conclusion that the thermostat needs to be switched out.. but thats not the main problem. it seems that the car idles fine when cold.. but if i give it some gas, she sputters a bit between 1500-4k rpm.. but when the car is at normal operating temp, there is no sputter or hesitation at all.. can that have something to do with the thermostat or should i be looking somewhere else? i dont see any vac leaks, or anything out of the ordinary.. someone pls help me out.. thanks!

jdm a1??
    if you have an h22a1 then your motor is usdm.

sounds like maybe your cooling system needs to be bled. do you have an erratic idle when its cold??

i would also check to see if there are any CELs that might be stored. just in case.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

oh.. i meant to say jdm h22a black top (non type s).. oh well.. anyways.. the only cel i had was for the o2 sensor, so i replaced that and no more cel's.. i checked timing, and thats good.. only thing im thinking is spark plugs, cap, rotor, or plug wires.. my buddy put msd wires when he had it and ive been fixing little things here n there, n i overlooked the spark.. im gonna check those when i get home.. also had a coolant leak from a crack in the radiator that i replaced with new coolant, but i forgot to change the thermostat.. as for the erratic idle, it had idle fluctuation when i first got it, but plugged in a loose vacuum hose and that went away.. i only have the fast idle when its cold, then when it finally warms, it drops to about 700-800rpm..
      Last edited by NinJa_FLiP; 01-08-2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

if it takes a long time to warm up, check that theromstat. Usually those are the problem. Look at the Fitv also.

Comment

Working...
        X