axle shafts..are they the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

axle shafts..are they the same?

i was just wondering if an axle shaft from an auto would fit on a 5spd..im asking about if the length are different or anything
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

i know a auto axle wont pop into the 5 spd transmission dude at the auto store gave me the wrong one b4 and on the driver side the auto doesnt bolt to the block like a 5 spd half shaft

h22a4+p2u5 trans+8000rpm= 135mph in 4 gear

Comment

wat about the cv shafts?

Comment

Originally posted by djcb7 View Post
        i know a auto axle wont pop into the 5 spd transmission dude at the auto store gave me the wrong one b4 and on the driver side the auto doesnt bolt to the block like a 5 spd half shaft
        The manual transmission CB's have an intermediate "quarter shaft" on the driver's side, meaning there are two shafts, an inner and outer shaft. The automatic CB's have a longer driver's side half-shaft.

I just did both sides on my CB last summer and found this out while pulling it apart.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
        Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
        Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
        [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

you know im glad u asked this question because i was thinking it earlier because i found out i need both axles... thanks for the help
          Originally posted by deevergote
          wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

The passenger side on 5 speed and autotragic are the same part numbers. The driver side are different lengths.

Comment

alright so the passenger side would fit? but not the drivers side?
              wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

you'd need a 5spd only D/S axle b/c of the use of an intermediate shaft on the D/S. P/S is the same for both trans variations.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

kool thanks and thankyou to the OP for asking this

Comment

thanks for the words of advice everyone

Comment

Working...
                    X