X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all my gauge cluster lights r out HELP!

my gauge cluster lights r out i need help!! =(

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=accord_drocca

More info bro...when did it happen? Is it just the cluster lights or are your heads & tails out too? Fill in the blanks.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
    2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

yesterday and juss the cluter lights r out...and climate control lights...still got head and tail lights

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_droccA
        yesterday and juss the cluter lights r out...and climate control lights...still got head and tail lights
        \

check all the fuses.. there should be one called small lights or something. Not sure if its under the hood or in the kickpanel.

Comment

already checked them all and that small light fuse is fine.....????

Comment

Clock still work? Instrument cluster gauges and lights work? Little lights on A/C controls? When you turn on the headlights does the clock dim and the little lights on the A/C dim? Does the ashtray light come on? Glove box light? Dome light work?

I have an entire wiring diagram in front of me. Tell me what works and what doesn't.

Been playing with any sort of wiring lately? Kicked the underside of the dash inadvertently? Bad combination switch?

Details! Details!
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

gauge cluster works rpm and mph. gas meter works. tempurature doesnt. clock doesnt work. no ashtray light. no glove box light. no cluster lights. but bulbs still work. climate lights dont work

Comment

Okay, even though you've said that you've checked the fuses, check them again.

There's two fuseboxes, as I'm sure you already knew, in the car. One is underneath the dash at the left kick panel, and the other's under the hood at the left rear corner of the engine compartment.

Double check them- every one of them.
                Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

also check the Dimmer switch beside the steering wheel...you know the thing that makes the lights brighter on hte cluster...if that is unplugged the cluster lights wont come on at all...

Comment

Originally posted by 91AccordLX
                    also check the Dimmer switch beside the steering wheel...you know the thing that makes the lights brighter on hte cluster...if that is unplugged the cluster lights wont come on at all...
                    could be the issue if not probabaly just a shorted wire have you done any work to any thing in or on your dash lately?

1966 Chevy Nova
                    1974 Super Beetle
                    2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
                    2004 Honda Element
                    2004 Honda Ruckus
                    2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
                    www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

i have the same problem as well i changed my cluster bulbs but i forgot to disconnect the battery ive done it before and had no problems but this time the cluster doesnt light up fuses are good could it be the dimmer relay? HELP please!

Comment

id say check the light dimmer switch.. mine went out one day and it sounds just like what happend to me

Comment

automotive electrical problems=not fun

figured out why the lights werent turning on the white plastic cover on the back of the cluster had shorted out an electrical path on the circuit board i finally figured out where it was coming from after taking everysingle component in the cluster apart, tested it and saw the smoke coming from the short unfortuneately the circuit board was damaged beyond repair the heat had melted 2 of the paths together and i thought it would just be easier to get a whole new cluster...so off to ralphs...3 hours later new/used cluster works kept all the old guages and even the odometer transfered over nicely...all in all i would not want to ever have to go through this again it was costly and took forever to diagnose..i rolled around with no dash lights for at least 3 weeks!! if anyone experiences this problem heres a possible answer

Comment

Working...
                          X