Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door locks no work?

This is on my 90 EX Sedan
    So I parked it 4 days ago and didnt touch the car.
    I come out today and give her a good wash, as Im drying (I clean the jams) I go to unlock the doors, but nothing happens.
    I go to lock the doors, nothing happens.
    But I hear the "Inter lock Control" Relay clicking when I push up/down
    Also my drivers door is hard to unlock. Sometimes I have to lift the handle partway/ all the way for it to kinda come up enough to unlock.

I checked all the fuses too and nothing is burnt.

Thoughts? I havnt taken the door panel off yet
    Your man for wiring solutions!
    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Thats funny, my shit did that the other day. Ok so when I got the car the power locks didn't work. I checked the fuse and found it to be missing. When I replaced the fuse I found that only the D/S door worked. I figured it was the P/S door motor. Eventually I got around to putting one in from the junkyard the other day and problem solved, or so I thought. The next day I went to unlock my D/S door with the key and the lock cylinder was very tough to turn and I could not unlock the door. I tried the passenger door and it was tough too, so I figured the actuator was going up. After a few mins, I got the door open and tried the power locks, nothing, not even a noise.... Bummer.

So the next day or so when I unlocked the car with the key again, and the lock got stiff for a moment, then smooth again. When I got in the car, the door locks worked again! WTF? I'm guessing maybe one of the rods was getting hung up in there plastic guides or maybe something with moisture in the actuator... Just gently lock and unlock your door with the key and see if this helps if you don't see anything visually wrong with the rods. If not, replace the actuator.
    Gunz Don't Kill People, I Do! Xx91AccordxX

Comment

I drove it 50 feet and locked all 4 doors with the key!
      Fixed itself haha wierd stuff
      CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap

Comment

If you door locks don't work, you may want to look for a door lock module. Its a grey box with gold wings. Its located in the drivers door. I didn't have door locks for a long time in my 90 coupe. Then I went to the junkyard thinking I need to get actuators. I saw the grey box. I had a feeling I needed that. I opted to get it. I threw that bad boy in and wahla!!! Door locks!!!! I've had them ever since.
        I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
        Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        My coupe!!!
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
        Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daheavyking View Post
          If you door locks don't work, you may want to look for a door lock module. Its a grey box with gold wings. Its located in the drivers door. I didn't have door locks for a long time in my 90 coupe. Then I went to the junkyard thinking I need to get actuators. I saw the grey box. I had a feeling I needed that. I opted to get it. I threw that bad boy in and wahla!!! Door locks!!!! I've had them ever since.
          Yes, but mine was working, that was the wierd thing, I could hear the relay clicking
          CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
            Yes, but mine was working, that was the wierd thing, I could hear the relay clicking
            had the same issue as you, got up and went to work one morning. Got there and tried to lock my door, power locks wasnt working. Went to go move it during lunch 5 hours later, still didn't work. After my 8 hour day, went home and THEY WORKED! What happened? I have no idea, but i have my power locks again and have acted up since

Comment

I had the same issue with my power locks a few years ago, so I snagged that grey box from the junkyard. and that worked for less than a year until same issue popped back up. how I fixed it is the same method as fixing the main relay. the sodier on board cracks and losses contact making it not work so I resoldered the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by nucleara View Post
                I had the same issue with my power locks a few years ago, so I snagged that grey box from the junkyard. and that worked for less than a year until same issue popped back up. how I fixed it is the same method as fixing the main relay. the sodier on board cracks and losses contact making it not work so I resoldered the thing.
                This makes perfect sense ^^
                Hmm I guess Ill take it apart and look.
                The guage cluster also had alot of solder missing in it aswell.
                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap

Comment

Working...
                X