can't start again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't start again

can't start the engine again after a short while shutdown. really annoying and embrass at gas station after filled the gas. engine start at the beginning then stalled immediately. after that, no "click" sound when the check engine light off and have to wait abt 15 minutes before getting the engine starts again, can anyone know whats wrong

Check.. Main relay..
    Very common problem in hot weather.
    Australia -> Summer Season right?

http://techauto.tripod.com/mainrelaydefine.htm
    1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
    2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
    3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
    4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
    5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

thats interesting...my car was doing that exact same thing all the time..i go to get gas before school 10 min drive....and fill up..start car again and then it starts and shuts right back off...then i can wait about 5 mins and is starts.... the only thing is that im in pullman washington sooo its really cold. not sure if that does anything. How are your first start-ups for the day...rough? could be dirty/clogged injectors.....igniter problem..or main relay!
      F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
      Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

tks guys. it hot summer in australia right now. no problem of starts in the morning and have changed the main relay abt 6 months ago. u guys remind me it always happened in summer. how much for a new main relay from honda? will that worth to change it again for trial/error?

Comment

timing belt or injectors. I had a problem like that, dumped like 2 bottles of injector cleaner crap in for like a week, and problem was fixed.
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

timing belt??? hmm never heard that... either it slips, cracks, or snaps... then you have a major problem, more than not starting for 15 mins...

injectors??? either it'll run perfect, like complete ass, or won't start at all... IF your car runs good after it starts it won't be this problem

i'd say Main Relay also even tho you just replaced it.. its an electrical part, they fail whenever they want to, in your case it might of seen too much voltage and blew or damaged the main relay... exact same thing with my friend who first had my car.. it would start fine in the morning but every once and awhile when he tried to start from my house or another place it wouldn't start, it would just crank over and over... then it got worse and he took it in and it was the main relay.
            HAN - ZiviCase10287
            Honda-tech - zivicase
            HMT - draztik
            d-series - draztik
            Team Integra - RacinMasonC

Comment

my injectors were clogged, had trouble starting a lot, but ran alright after it was started. Timing belt, you wouldn't start at all actually, I dont know, it was a suggestion.
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

also without seeing the car i would say go someplace to diagonse it..
                HAN - ZiviCase10287
                Honda-tech - zivicase
                HMT - draztik
                d-series - draztik
                Team Integra - RacinMasonC

Comment

distrubuter man. check ur cap and rotor. if its worn just replace it, i think its under 20 bucks had the same problem last summer

Comment

man...i had the same problem an its a Bizznitch...dis what I did! Replaced the Main Relay...Bout 50-60dollars from oriellys. . .or 62 from yo local honda dealer...if that doesn't fix it - then you fixed somethin that coulda fucked up in the long run!(My Opinion)

No more accord...I got a 99 Protege!
                    New Project...84 camaro Z28

Comment

Working...
                    X