coolent smell??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coolent smell??

Ok lately when i get out of the car after driving awhile it smells like antifreez. But when i pop the hood there is no visible leaking there are no spots on the ground were i park so im stumped cause usually there would be a leak and thats why you would smell it right. Anyone got any ideas.

Maybe there is a pin leak. The coolant would leak out and before it reaches the ground it would evaporate. Or maybe ur reserve is leaking?

Comment

yeah i would check your reserve tank...and then check to see if your heater core is not leaking....also are you loosing coolant? if so i'd check your radiator cap, because coolant will evaporate through the cap if it is not holding the allocated pressure.

Comment

me and 91 accord are kind of experts on this coolant thing hahahahahahahahahah lmao.

ok listen when u smell the coolant,,, it means that the coolant has already come out of the whole or whatever u got. and it has fallen on the engine or on the tranny or on the exaust. because its so hot it will burn the little coolant that is driping. when u came out the cooolant has already been burned. that is why u are not seeing any smoke or any leaks anywere. this might happen only when the car is hot,,, which makes it a bitch to find where the leak comes from.
        right now on the top of my mind i would say uper radiator hoze,,, check under the thermostat housing(i got it here) check the U shaped hoze,,, check the hoze that goes on the side of the engine under the distributor,,, and check the hard hoze or its seal under the thermostat housing(had a bad leak there when the car was hot and when i put the heater on)

so in other words check where the hozes are on top of very hot places which help the coolant burn as soon as it touches the engine or tranny or whatever.
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

lmmfao alb, yeah we're definetley experts by now. and hes right check by all the hot stuff....also about 99% of the water hoses are towards the very back of the engine by the throttle body....the U shaped hose seems to go easily....haha i've replaced every damn hose in my car!! and stupid thing is still gettting hot....i think i may know MY prob though alb..i will post it later on the other thread.....see ya

Comment

ok ill check out tha hoses then when i get the time too thankz guys.

Comment

just wonderin what are all the hoses that it can leak from im thinkin i might just replace all of them since there probably old as hell.

Comment

well man there just black hoses...all the hoses dont have to be the molded kind except the U shaped one and the upper and lower hoses....

Comment

Working...
                X