X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want to get her to idle at 1000-1200rmp, need help

im gona look in the haynes book also but just wanted to ask u all also

i just fixed all problems with my car
    it was idlen at 2000rmp, now that ive got red of the slick in the throttle rotor it idles at 800-750 whci it should with all the things i have done to it and the 272 cam i have.

question is...............i want to get the idle at 1000-1200rpm, can i tighten the throttle cable or something up to get it to stay or return back to 1000-1200rpm when not pressing the gas?
    thanks
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

try this:
    right above the throttle body where the intake connects to (upper left hand corner when your facing it) there is a screw that you can turn to help adjust the idle...that should work
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

tried that, all that did was increase or decrease the throttle response
      what if i move the adjustment bolt up or down (whatever direction) and lock the other screw and set it that way at the idle i want?

thank that will work
      NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

that does work..
        u have to tighten it so u remove the slack.. and once u do keep tightening it in the direction that removes slack so that it kinda pulls on the throttle a tad bit till u have ur idle were u want it..
        did this to my gfs 94 alty the other day.. fuckin altimas have two throttle lines.. bitches.. but its still a nice car regardless

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

sometimes the idle doesnt move when u use that screw.

usually after i move that screw, i rev the engine and see where it settles...sometimes its soo bad that it wont move that the throttle body or something inside there is dirty....

u can adjust ur throttle cable more but i warn u about the deflection that it should be within spec..if not it wont operate right.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

thanks guys...

i kno it cant be my throttle bodys dirty because i just put it on there. i reved the engine and everything then tried ajusting the screw....nuffin all it did was make the engine louder or quiter.

i adjust the nuts on the cable. now it idles at 1500rpm
            im gona adjust it a few more times to get it at about 1000-1200rpm
            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Working...
            X