All the windows in my accord are messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the windows in my accord are messed up

Every single one of my windows (manual) is messed up. I want to take apart the doors and see if I can put them back together, but I have no idea how to do this. Is there a DIY that can help me figure out what to fix, or a guide for this? I have done some searching but I can't find anything for manual windows, it seems like everything is for auto windows...

nothing?

Comment

could you explain how they are messed up
      -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

Comment

Well, front drivers window doesn't do anything when I roll it down, but it will fall. Won't roll back up, have to push it up. Passenger's side window will roll up and down, but makes a loud squeak when coming down, and it does roll back up. Rear drivers side does not roll up or down, but will fall. Read Passenger's side will roll down but not up, and it will fall as well. I'm just tired of having to push my windows up after every time I drive, and I don't want to use my a/c all the time when I could just roll down my windows.

Comment

Are there really no links to references on this thing? Does no one else have manual windows? I can't find anything on this, please help out. Thanks,

Comment

based on your description of the problem, it looks like you've got to replace the front driver's side and both rear manual regulators and lubricate the front passenger's side one. if they're just free sliding then the teeth are likely ground down to nubs. get to your local junk yard and practice removal so you have an idea what you're facing. you can even practice on a power window model as the only significant difference is the lack of a lever stem and wiring. if you don't have access to a junk yard then give yourself some time to sit and carefully uninstall one of your regulators.

here's the process as i remember it:

-you need a philips, a flat head, a 10mm socket wrench and a friend.
            -unclip and remove the window cranks
            -pop off all the caps that cover the screws to be removed (door handles, door release levers, outer lower edge of front door panels by the pocket)
            -unscrew all the screws, including the two on the outer edge of the front speaker grilles
            -pop off the speaker grilles
            -slide the door release lever back and disconnect the rod from behind
            -unscrew the screw hidden behind the door release lever
            -pop off the door panel
            -peel away the plastic weather sheet
            -roll the glass down to expose the window sash through the lower holes
            -unbolt the regulator and window sash (have your friend hold up or remove the glass now)
            -roll the regulator to line everything up for ease of removal (taking note of how everything is assembled for reinstallation later)

*installation is reverse of removal.

i hope that helps. also, take note of things like the horizontal alignment of the window sash to the bottom line of the door. one of the bolts has a hole for adjusting the tilt of the glass as it slides up and down the tracks. it'll be the bolt farthest from the gears. you'll see what i mean upon disassembly. be careful and good luck!
            1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
              based on your description of the problem, it looks like you've got to replace the front driver's side and both rear manual regulators and lubricate the front passenger's side one. if they're just free sliding then the teeth are likely ground down to nubs. get to your local junk yard and practice removal so you have an idea what you're facing. you can even practice on a power window model as the only significant difference is the lack of a lever stem and wiring. if you don't have access to a junk yard then give yourself some time to sit and carefully uninstall one of your regulators.

here's the process as i remember it:

-you need a philips, a flat head, a 10mm socket wrench and a friend.
              -unclip and remove the window cranks
              -pop off all the caps that cover the screws to be removed (door handles, door release levers, outer lower edge of front door panels by the pocket)
              -unscrew all the screws, including the two on the outer edge of the front speaker grilles
              -pop off the speaker grilles
              -slide the door release lever back and disconnect the rod from behind
              -unscrew the screw hidden behind the door release lever
              -pop off the door panel
              -peel away the plastic weather sheet
              -roll the glass down to expose the window sash through the lower holes
              -unbolt the regulator and window sash (have your friend hold up or remove the glass now)
              -roll the regulator to line everything up for ease of removal (taking note of how everything is assembled for reinstallation later)

*installation is reverse of removal.

i hope that helps. also, take note of things like the horizontal alignment of the window sash to the bottom line of the door. one of the bolts has a hole for adjusting the tilt of the glass as it slides up and down the tracks. it'll be the bolt farthest from the gears. you'll see what i mean upon disassembly. be careful and good luck!
              Awesome, thank you! Maybe I'll get pictures and write up a DIY!

Comment

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/faqs/l/bl066e.htm
                Hope this and previous posts help....only hard part is taking the window out if needed.
                Tip: If you spray lube or similar...make sure it don't even come close to your tint!

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                  http://autorepair.about.com/cs/faqs/l/bl066e.htm
                  Hope this and previous posts help....only hard part is taking the window out if needed.
                  Tip: If you spray lube or similar...make sure it don't even come close to your tint!
                  wow... i am the suck at searching. hahaha! i learned the disassembly process by experience alone. AND there's pictures! geez! good find.
                  1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

No job, I collect SSI disability ...so too much time to search and no money to upgrade my wagon and the coupe....

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Working...
                    X