what wire for A to F guage on ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what wire for A to F guage on ECU?

just did a guage install with 3 guages in the passenger dash, and one in a pod on my side of the car, and got confused on the Ato F guage. I was wondering which wire on the ECU to splice it to( referring to which color wire, i know its the O2 sensor wire). I think its the all white wire, thats what its been every other time, but im not gonna just start splicing wires till it lights up. Thanks in advance

hold on lemme check here I hop you know how to read on the ecu connectors theres tow of em one is on the big connector which is the longest one on the ecu the collor on it is orange and black i dont think its that one.

And the other one is onon the second smallest connector which is white and red its that one. for the connectors that plug into the ecu the longest connector stands as connector (A) the next one which is the smallest one which is in the middle which is connector (b) the next one which is the second to the smallest one or the second biggest one is connector (d). remember white and red bro lemme know what happens be sure to unplug the negative side of the battery first.

Comment

i got a a/f gauge and ended up email autometer on this one.

its the white ground wire for the oxygen sensor coming out of the ecu harness

Comment

Originally posted by cb7deathride
        i got a a/f gauge and ended up email autometer on this one.

its the white ground wire for the oxygen sensor coming out of the ecu harness
        That is affirmative
        Sleeper Style

Comment

Could anyone tell me where this o2 sensor is located?

-A. Swift
          CB7 member number 137
          Black Doubt Crew member #2
          Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

th o2 sensor is located under the hooed near the passengers side leading back almost below the intake manifold but you have to reacjh a little bit down there.

Comment

Ok. I took my car ot work today (tires plus) and hooked up a green wire to the o2 sensor..a white sensor. Tested it all, then attached it. My friend tony helped with this process. I then traced it into the car, and up the driver's pillar to the guage. All I need now is another green wire and the adaptor for my oil psi gauge. Tony is gonna give me that sensor off his car, so this could be fun. I got all the power, grounds hooked up. The only problem I face right now is where can I tap the illumination off of? I have fazo gauges, btw. tony told me that that little black cord comming outta the gauges is for the illumination lighting..one strand -, and one +. BUT, it doesn't matter which one. As long as each gauge has one ground, and one power for the illum. then it is good. It will still work. Well, I got this all set up. I soldered a negative wire to the black cable with the white dashes on it, and a positive to the other black cable, wth the white lettering on it( watt size, wire gauge..etc.) The ground is grounded, but the illumination power I got no idea what to do with..wanna help?

-A. Swift
              CB7 member number 137

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

BTW, the o2 sensor is loccated off of the downpipe on the exhaust. It is MUCH easier to access with a lift, but it is possible, through the rear of the motor, from above..just too hard for me!

-A. Swift
                CB7 member number 137

Comment

Its not all that hard you just reach in from the back of the motor on the passengers side under the hood and cennect it after the connector from the wiring harness and thats pretty much it.

Comment

good info, im bout ready to get my a/f and oil gauges
                    just ordered a gauge pod, wanted the passneger side pillar but couldnt find one
                    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Working...
                    X