bad fuel mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad fuel mileage

i change the fuel filter, sparks plugs and wires, air filter, everything i think could be the problem, what else can be?

Thank's
    Razer.-

Rev rev rev

PCV Valve
    perhaps use of a fuel system cleaner too.
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

also change the pcv valve, but not recent, i did on sep 04, just a clean could be enough? or need a new one, a vacum leak can be the reason?, any good brand for the cleaner?

Sea Foam?
      Last edited by Razer; 02-16-2005, 03:29 AM.
      Razer.-

Rev rev rev

Comment

u gotta post more specs and what not.. how's the idle? tire pressure, mileage.

eytc
        hahahahah

Comment

When is the last time the o2 sensor was changed?
          U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

tires pressure 42 on all tires, o2 sensor only have 1 month, idle it's a little low 500+-, and mileage, 248,xxx miles it's a auto 91 se
            Razer.-

Rev rev rev

Comment

it depends a lot as to how ur measuring ur mileage and what not.. i get about 300 or so on my 90 ex, auto, and i do a lot of traffic DAILY 2-3 times a day.. i live 10-15 from town and then alot of my driving is stop and go, traffic etc..
              hahahahah

Comment

Yeah I get about 320 or so per tank around town if I push it. Still think that sucks and I think it used to get better. I did all the things you did above too.

However, on my last trip to Oregon I got unbelievable mileage. I filled up in Medford and drove back to Modesto. It's about 400 miles. When I got home I still had a quarter of a tank! That usually doesn't happen. I drove around for another week on that quarter tank. I think I got about 475 out of that tank.

I really think that California gas is complete shit.
                "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

yeah, cali gas is shit....

dude, if u r runnin 42psi in your tires, thats a very bad thing........should be 30 or so depending on size....

i get about 360 to a tank, i drive 35 miles one way to work, and my driving is what you could call "spirited".....and i agree with accordme93....i get better mileage on long trips too....but you have to realize that our gas guages in these things are very touchy.......i turn hard one way or another, and it goes up or down....same goes for when im moving compared to when i sit at a light......

an auto is not gonna get that great of mileage compared to some of us with a 5sp, and with over 200k......its just gonna go downhill......

as for a fuel system cleaner, most of my customers are happiest with the STP complete fuel system cleaner.....the one in the silver bottle....not the winter stuff in the yellow bottle they sell this time of year.

just out of curiosity.....what kinda mileage u gettin?? like i said i get about 360 miles +/- and that is filling it with +/- 11 gallons

Comment

shit i get really really bad gas milage . . . i fill up w/ 12 gal usually, 87 octane, and i get less than 300 miles per tank, i should check my tire pressure
                    -Mark-
                    CB7
                    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

You guys think you have it bad? I get 200 miles to a tank! It is all city drivings and nothing over 35mph usually. I just changed the O2 sensor, air fliter, and fuel fliter and still no luck? Should I pull my back up fuse for the night and let it reset it's self? cause right now I'm getting 14mpg
                      Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                      i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

wow, that really sucks......

i guess you could try that, and let it reset the driveability mode...

how many miles on her??5sp or auto??large wheel??

Comment

Originally posted by darkslide_77
                          wow, that really sucks......

i guess you could try that, and let it reset the driveability mode...

how many miles on her??5sp or auto??large wheel??
                          She's only got 162K. IT's an auto and the wheels are stock, so yeah it sucks!
                          Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                          i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

yea, im getting 20mpg but all city driving as well...
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

the tires are 15's, and i got 220miles per tank, i think it's a bad mileage, and here where i live is a small town, i have a lot of stops and run.
                              Last edited by Razer; 02-16-2005, 11:24 PM.
                              Razer.-

Rev rev rev

Comment

Working...
                              X