clutch slave system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch slave system

I just picked up a cb7 three days ago thought it was gonna be a easy fix. Just need a blower motor and then the clutch pedal had to be adjusted. Well a buddy came over and adjusted. Well thought we had it fixed then the slave went out and the master cylinder was leaking so i put both new ones in and bleed the system got it all done and for some reason the slave went out again and it was new. So what do u guys think i am trying to fix it and we can get why they keeping breaking. So all the help i can get on it would be great.

You must bench bleed any Clutch/Brake Master/Slave Cylinder prior to installation.
    1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
    C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
    MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
    ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
    You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

Ok and if i dont do this will it make it keep beaking the slaves and is there a write up on how to do it that.

Comment

Fill with fluid and pump it by hand a few times. There's usually a piece of paper that comes with the part that explains bench bleeding. That and the parts guy should have said something to you when you came right back.
        1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:

You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

thank me later....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-m5F0zEvyo

Comment

Wow, that Eric guy is good. I just saw how to do a wet/dry compression test. I've done a dry test before but was not sure I did it right, until now.
            1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:

Comment

Originally posted by James Matteu View Post
              Wow, that Eric guy is good. I just saw how to do a wet/dry compression test. I've done a dry test before but was not sure I did it right, until now.
              it's always good to see how other people do things, even if you know how to do it already... it gives you insight to things and ways to improve the things you do right....

Comment

Ok well i did all the same stuff that he did in the video i have bleed slaves tons on times on accords there just something funny about this one it has broke to slaves now and i dont get y. The new new the system pushed the whole spring and rubber seals out of the end. And i dont get this whole bench bleeding thing that guy in the video didnt do anything like that he did it normal.

Comment

Originally posted by ntcb7 View Post
                  Ok well i did all the same stuff that he did in the video i have bleed slaves tons on times on accords there just something funny about this one it has broke to slaves now and i dont get y. The new new the system pushed the whole spring and rubber seals out of the end. And i dont get this whole bench bleeding thing that guy in the video didnt do anything like that he did it normal.
                  Welp, go back to the store and exchange it for a new one.

brand new aftermarket slave master cylinders tend to be very springy, for lack of a better term.

but first, are all your lines and fittings tight? is it leaking anywhere? is there fluid in the reservoir?

Comment

Working...
                  X