• Time
  • Show
Clear All

difficulty scale...

how hard would it be to install:
    steel brake lines?
    a lightweight flywheel?
    cross-drilled rotors?
    and my final noob question is it possible to vtec an f22a1?

how hard would it be to install:
    ...cross-drilled rotors?...
    ...possible to vtec an f22a1?
    The front rotors are pressed on. Have fun.

vtec to an f22: use the search button. It'll become your best friend.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

might as well replace the clutch when replacing flywheel.

same thing with axles and rotors.

both are equally as hard, day job (for me at least ) for each.
      im paying someone to help me out with my clutch job.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

best left to a professional if you have to ask. im not trying to be an ass or anything but with the projects listed above, you may save some downtime on your car by taking it to a mechanic or get someone to assist you who has experience doing those jobs.

then again, personal experience is one of the best learning tools

Comment

rotors will be a bitch, especially if you have rear also, one screws are not your friend after 12 years, secondly a cutting toarch will be.
          when i did mine, it took about 4 days, for all 4 wheels. This was mainly because bolts broke and parts had to be ordered. i also had to cut off 2 of the 4 bolts that hold the rotor to the front hub assembly. All in all its a grand example of routine accord manitnice.

as for lines, ABS would impeed your progress alot (correct me if wrong)

and everything else... as stated by K-mart
          Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

yea, its good if you have an extra car so IF somethin happens, then you have a backup mode of transportation.

but in CA, the bolts on our cars should be okay since we dont get snow here. the hardest bolt ive encountered was the one for my cat...it wasnt even in that bad of a condition, just needed some PB blaster and elbow grease.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

i always have trouble breaking the axle nutz. i always have to ditch the PB Blaster and cut it off

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
                i always have trouble breaking the axle nutz. i always have to ditch the PB Blaster and cut it off
                dont even get me started with that, pb blaster didnt do jack shit and i broke hella torque wrenches and breaker bars...ended up getting the nut impacted off.

im gonna get me a electric impact wrench.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                  dont even get me started with that, pb blaster didnt do jack shit and i broke hella torque wrenches and breaker bars...ended up getting the nut impacted off.

im gonna get me a electric impact wrench.
                  haha, yea man, me too. ive broke two drives off of two different ratchets. talk about frustrating...

Comment

well actually my dad accidently removed one of the bolts on the rotor, we were changing the caliper and i left him alone with a ratchet... anyways as for the vtec i had used the search but the results were blah. i guess i should rephrase the question, with just an intake and an exhaust, would a vtec on a f22a with 150k miles be worth the trouble? would i get any gains??

Comment

Originally posted by flacopower
                      well actually my dad accidently removed one of the bolts on the rotor, we were changing the caliper and i left him alone with a ratchet... anyways as for the vtec i had used the search but the results were blah. i guess i should rephrase the question, with just an intake and an exhaust, would a vtec on a f22a with 150k miles be worth the trouble? would i get any gains??
                      nope.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by flacopower
                        with just an intake and an exhaust, would a vtec on a f22a with 150k miles be worth the trouble? would i get any gains??
                        you cannot just throw VTEC onto a motor like its nitrous....

and the info is here. try search words such as "headswap" or just plain "swap" and read up on those threads. from there, you will learn what you need to know and come across other ideas of equipping your car w/ VTEC, since that is what it seems to me you want to do

Comment

frost white thread what?!

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
                            frost white thread what?!
                            huh?
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              huh?
                              look at the sigs of pretty much everyone that responded to this thread..

Comment

Working...
                              X