Cooling Fan issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling Fan issue.

Alright so I did a swap on my coupe back in August and recently the cooling fan has been acting up.

When its cold (meaning it's been sitting over night) and I go to just flip the ignition to the accessory side, the cooling fan somehow cycles on.

I'm stumped because my thought was the cooling fan is supposed to come on at operating temp only..not when the motor is cold.

I took to it to class and literally went thru the the a/c side of the harness and the radiator fan side of the harness and even disconnected a pin at the ECU and it still came on.

Long story short is getting power from somewhere and I can't seem to figure it out.

I want to say its a temp switch but I disconnected those as well and still the fan stayed on.

A classmate suggested I toss in a switch to toggle it on and off but eh Im not about to hack my car if it's something so simple. I'm starting to run out of patience with it because the last time it did this it was in my old car and the fan burned itself out during the summer and yeah lets just say that wasn't a fun experience trying to drive thru bumper to bumper traffic on a hot humid day.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Test the Radiator Fan Relay, I think the CB has it on the chassis, near the Left Headlight (driver's side for the US).
    1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
    C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
    MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
    ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
    You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

Originally posted by James Matteu View Post
      Test the Radiator Fan Relay, I think the CB has it on the chassis, near the Left Headlight (driver's side for the US).
      Radiator Fan relay works like it should. Its getting power from somewhere and Ive looked thru the Accord schematic 5 times over. It grounds out thru the ECU but somehow still gets power from somewhere.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

It's your P13, remember? Your ecu in my car did exactly the same thing, fan runs all the time. Not sure if it's a mod or an accident though.

Comment

Working...
        X