broken axle right??? *** video ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken axle right??? *** video ***

on my way home from work, i get stuck at an uphill red light. i start to go and i hear a pop/crack/whatever noise, and then the car wont move.

from the looks of it, the axle is just spinning inside the boot, so im hoping and assuming that i just snapped the axle. if my assumptions are correct. do i just need a replacement axle specific to the car? as in a 93 ex 5spd? i dont think it matters that i have an h22 does it?

No I think your right get the one that comes with your car.

Comment

yea, i actually did a little searching after a poured my beer, and i believe i can use either the accord or prelude. i just need to get my hands on a reman. so i can get to work.

Comment

Inner joint went bye bye

Same thing happend to my integra. I opened it up and it was just full of broken metal parts

And yeah i'd get an axle for a 9293 EX manual. I know the driver side axle is different from auto to manual but im not sure about the passenger side. Another reason to get it from an EX is the tone ring for the ABS is attached to the axle. That really only matters if your ABS still works though.

Comment

yea, thanks for the confirmation.

guess it was due. i have been dealing with a little shake for some time now. guess i underestimated just how bad the axle was. live and learn.

Comment

Driver's side is different but the auto and 5 speed both use the same driveshaft on the passenger side so the only thing you need to be worried about is if it has the abs tone ring or not.

Comment

thats how my last one went. just pick up a replacement and you're good to go!
              -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
              -1993 Accord EX SOLD
              -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
              -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

dont get an autozone reman, those things are the biggest piece of junk ive ever seen.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  dont get an autozone reman, those things are the biggest piece of junk ive ever seen.
                  I was about to. Where should I get one?

Comment

prelude axles are different than accord axles...The accords are male ends both sides and the preludes have female/male ends.

I'd try looking for an EMPI brand axle....those are pretty good quality. Not too expensive either, about 80 bucks I think for the D/S when I got mine for my 5spd swap

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                    X