Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Control box, EGR, vaccum tank, intake soleniod questions !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control box, EGR, vaccum tank, intake soleniod questions !!!

Looking under the hood today of my 1991 Accord Wagon LX and "studying" vaccum lines etc, I found that some stuff can be eliminated, namely the EGR and canister. I live in Iowa, no emissions, sniffers, smog nazi's etc etc.

But, I came across some things I am not so sure about. For example:

1) the control box listed on the vaccum diagram - it seems to have 3 vaccum lines run into or out of the intake manifold to it and some lines come out the bottom going to the EGR canister. What does this do and can it be removed? Will the engine throw CEL's or have erratic idle etc etc if eliminated?

2) The vaccum tank and air intake soleniod valve in front of the intake - what does this thing do and is it necessary? Seems like by using an aftermarket intake, some of these lines may be eliminated as well....

Since I a unfamiliar with hondas, I am curious what these things do and if they really are necessary!

Please edu-ma-cate me on this stuff!

Thanks!
    1991 Accord LX 'G Wagon'
    2001 Tafetta White Integra GSR Sedan

I have the EGR system disconnected on my JDM H22 (shhh, don't tell anyone ) and I haven't thrown any engine codes related to it yet. Call me crazy, but the thought of hot and oil gasses being put into my nice cool intake air seems pointless. I'm more concerned about engine life and performance while gas mileage is one of my least concerns and BTW I still get great gas mileage. I still have all the components in the car, just they are plugged or blocked off so that they don't function. The hose coming from the EGR valve is run to a small filter out of sight so that the gasses get filtered into the atmosphere and not back into my motor. I'll definitely let you guys know if I do have any problems with it tho.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
      I have the EGR system disconnected on my JDM H22 (shhh, don't tell anyone ) and I haven't thrown any engine codes related to it yet. Call me crazy, but the thought of hot and oil gasses being put into my nice cool intake air seems pointless. I'm more concerned about engine life and performance while gas mileage is one of my least concerns and BTW I still get great gas mileage. I still have all the components in the car, just they are plugged or blocked off so that they don't function. The hose coming from the EGR valve is run to a small filter out of sight so that the gasses get filtered into the atmosphere and not back into my motor. I'll definitely let you guys know if I do have any problems with it tho.
      Dude you need to hook me up on how to go about doing that, blocking off the egr system, I dont live in the states so emissions test will not be a problem... i dont have the right tools or the money to pay to get my egr ports cleaned or my egr valve replaced so if blocking the whole thing off will work then so be it i can feel my car stumble a little and im pretty sure is has to do with my egr ports being clogged!
      Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.. CB7 Rider :>

Comment

Working...
      X