Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car will die when i come to a complete stop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car will die when i come to a complete stop.

whats up, well as the title states. my car will die as soon as i come to a complete stop. so in otherwords lets say im driving down the street and i come to a stop sign and stop, the car will just die as soon as im completley stopped. but i can just start the car right back up after it dies, no problems at all..of course until another stop comes, then the car dies again.

im thinking its a fuel delivery problem, because i've been having these minute problems ever since i changed my fuel pump....like when i take a turn sometimes my car will feel like its gonna die but as soon as i get my car straight again its fine....and my gas gauge is a bit messed up. and when i fill my tank up it only costs me like $25 for 13.5 gallons when im on empty...before it would cost like $28 for like 16 gallons

i need more help with the first paragraph than the second...thanks

sounds like you need to turn your idle up a bit.........

and i would assume that you only replace the pump and not the sending unit?

Comment

that reminds me of when i installed my intake, i switched around some vacuum lines (capped off one and not the other) the car kept dying...
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

well i was thinking maybe it was my idle so i turned it up all the way, and it still died when i came to a stop. and umm i dont think its a vacuum leak. but i will check all the vacuum hoses tommorow.

and no i guess i didnt replace the sending unit....where is the fuel sending unit located at????

and could it possibly be my fuel pressure regulator???
        thanks, i hope to see some repsonses when i wake up in the morning.

Comment

dang nothing? come on help me out

Comment

maybe its transmission related. auto or 5? but then again u said it starting happening right after u changed the fuel pump. anyway my 2 cents

Comment

nah its not tranny related....its an auto. hondafan81 and I have been conversing over the phone for the past couple days, we orignally thought it MAY be the IACV, so i replaced that, my friend just gave me his old one. but that didnt do anything, it still stalls at stops, and if it doesnt stall completeley it will drop down to like 100RPM then come back up to normal operating idle, which is 750-800.

does ANYONE have any ideas here? im almost positive it is either a vacuum or fuel problem, but i cant find any vacuum leaks, nor fuel proplems.

Comment

sorry to be so persistent, but bump again.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                  Transmission lockup solenoid.
                  Could be that.

Meh *shivers* problems like this will lead you to a sort of hatred for your car. Is it when you are stopped that the car dies, or is it the approach? I mean as your car comes to a stop do you roll into the stall? I realize it's not a stall, but I can't think of another word right now. Sounds fuel related like you said, but again, this could be any number of things. Keep us updated on the progress and good luck.
                  Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                  D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                  ┴─┴
                  ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by 91AccordLX
                    whats up, well as the title states. my car will die as soon as i come to a complete stop. so in otherwords lets say im driving down the street and i come to a stop sign and stop, the car will just die as soon as im completley stopped. but i can just start the car right back up after it dies, no problems at all..of course until another stop comes, then the car dies again.

im thinking its a fuel delivery problem, because i've been having these minute problems ever since i changed my fuel pump....like when i take a turn sometimes my car will feel like its gonna die but as soon as i get my car straight again its fine....and my gas gauge is a bit messed up. and when i fill my tank up it only costs me like $25 for 13.5 gallons when im on empty...before it would cost like $28 for like 16 gallons

i need more help with the first paragraph than the second...thanks
                    you might want to check your egr ports on your intake manifold. there are four, one on each runner of your manifold. you have to drill holes through it i believe or you have to take it to the dealer to do it cause they have all the special tools for it.
                    The beginning of a new era............................
                    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

I had a similar issue, had to do with not plugging the right pipes when I installed my intake

Comment

you are right because the valve will not lift at stops, but the if the ports are CLOGGED, that can restrict the air passages.

Comment

sorry for such a delay in response...well i fixed the problem for a little while...i just put a new tank of gas in 91 octane, and well damn it was fixed. but here in the past 3-4 days it has started to stall on me again..and yes masamune it will die as im coming to a stop, so my car will roll to a stop. would clogged EGR ports cause this?? could it have something to do with the butterfly in my TB getting stuck or something??? this really sucks, i need my car. i mean ive got another car, but i dont like driving it. It's a 1998 Ford Contour. but i want the cb7 back. come on someone give me a hand here.

Comment

BTW i attempted to do the EGR Port cleaning before like a month ago but it didnt work to well, i couldn't get any of the plugs out. should i just drill completley through the service plugs??? i dont want to damage the aluminum on the manifold though. and also is a slide hammer really necessary?? couldnt i just get a screwdriver or something and kind of pry them out??

Comment

i believe afer you have drilled a hole onto your port holes, honda sells a kit to cover those up. will get more info tomorrow at work and give you all necesarry part numbers.
                              just enjoying my heineken right now..

Comment

Working...
                              X