Whats the diff btween Pspec & Flushing short shifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the diff btween Pspec & Flushing short shifters

like the title says whats the big diffrence beside the fact that pspec give u a boot and knob but ( which i rather stay wit my own ) other than that both short shifters am i right? enlighten me guys let me know trying 2 decided which one.
    Last edited by jdm91cb; 03-11-2005, 05:51 PM.

LEAVE NO DOUBT!
    If God is for Me
    Who Dares be aganist Me!
    BX Crew
    HSHO # 6
    Lexotic Concepts 019

Well i know for a fact that the Pspec are made.. not just chopped and shortened. All the pieces were made individually, so that it looks like something you would get with a factory upgrade package (like a-spec for acura, trd for toyota). It shifts in the center of the console, and looks good doing it.
    (thats all compared to forbidden.. dunno much about the fugires)

Im not sure on the Fushires.. which im guessing you meant. I'll leave it up to someone who knows to comment.
    Last edited by aero; 03-11-2005, 06:24 PM.

Comment

yes i did mean Fushires (no disrespect intended my apoligizes) so the Fushires doesn't sit in the middle when in neutral ? and pspec acutally makes the shifter they dont chop it ?

LEAVE NO DOUBT!
      If God is for Me
      Who Dares be aganist Me!
      BX Crew
      HSHO # 6
      Lexotic Concepts 019

Comment

Originally posted by jdm91cb
        yes i did mean Fushires (no disrespect intended my apoligizes) so the Fushires doesn't sit in the middle when in neutral ? and pspec acutally makes the shifter they dont chop it ?
        No 100% made and fabricated specifically for the 4th gen from all quality materials. Check the web site for all the info. Pspectuning.com
        I as well, dont have the Fushigi shifter so I cant comment. I'm sure it's good. Mark seems like a really cool guy from what I've seen here on the forum.

Comment

no, im not sure about the fugires... i was comparing to the old forbidden shifters.

Comment

i have the fushi shifter...its pretty good in my opinion espeically for its price.

As you can see here, i dont have the shiftboot on because it hits the console while in third...they tell you to trim the boot mount thingie but i didnt feel like to.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lolz did everyone forget how to spell fushigires

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                As is, to be fair, the Fushigi. It's freakin' OEM, modified!

That is correct..it sure is! We provide a service..not a brand new piece. That is your difference. Both PSPEC and Fushigi Shifter designs allow the shifter to sit in the middle of the console...So it all boils down to..Your budget, and your preference. I encourage you to visit our website or our "Merchant Shop" thread on this website to learn more about our shifters and how we are donating a portion of our profits from shifter sales to CB7 tuner...
                Last edited by NoSloCB7; 03-11-2005, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                  Mount the shifter bucket *under* the mounting plate, and it'll clear.
                  hmm, idk about the flipping of the plate/bucket thing. seems kinda hokey to me, lol.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    hmm, idk about the flipping of the plate/bucket thing. seems kinda hokey to me, lol.
                    No.. its fine, if you see what he's talking about, you'll understand. Its pretty easy, you just mount the whole assembly on one side of the mounting plate instead of the other.

Comment

ok so their both good one is cut and welded and the other is a new piece all together but on the pspec u have 2 use that boot and that knob?

LEAVE NO DOUBT!
                      If God is for Me
                      Who Dares be aganist Me!
                      BX Crew
                      HSHO # 6
                      Lexotic Concepts 019

Comment

ok so their both good one is cut and welded and the other is a new piece all together but on the pspec u have 2 use that boot and that knob?
                        No, you dont have to.. its the same threads as stock. I just figure why not.. much nicer boot and knob. And with the groupbuy, it'll be for free.

Comment

i'm still going with the fushigi one, plus when you buy one you help this forum as well.

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

I remember fushigires saying something about how strong there shifter was, and they were throwing it around the shop trying to break it. But the shifter is cut then welded back together, it can't be as strong as the oem one, right? Or do you cut it and rethread it so that no welding is needed?
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

dude i just did the short shifter DIY today and its an inch shorter and the throw is at least two inches shorter... total of 5 bucks and 2 hours (i am mechanically retarded)

Comment

Working...
                              X